Live TV (PVR Addon) refresh of recordings ?
Exclamation 
I do not know what all this would apply to, or even what forum this question should be located. If someone wants to move it, or i should post it somewhere else let me know.

With the newer version 12 (12.1, 12,2) release, I have the popups on xbmc letting me know something is being scheduled on the back end.

Every thing is recorded and can be played back just fine.

The issue is that from XBMC > Live TV > Recordings (you only see what exists in the recording database since the last reboot)

Is there a way to force this to update? (It seems like a pretty big deal if one has to reboot each time to get to their new recordings.) I've been all through the menu options and do not see a refresh (like you would with videos and what not)
This is one of those little things that drives me bananas, the recordings list should just update automatically (in the background or when the page is accessed),
but it is possible to force an update manually , it depends on what skin your using , but for example if your using confluence . from the tv recordings page
go left arrow to select the menu that slides in from the side, hi-light "recordings" and select it. you'll see it a take second or so but the list of recordings will then be updated.

you might find (as I do) , that the new recording that has just been added (if it's still recording) might not have a thumbnail beside it and might not play right away if you select it.
I find when this happens that if you select an old recording that has definitely finished recording, play just a second or so of it, stop it, now when you go back to the list of recordings
the show that's still recording will have a thumbnail and it will now play fine.

when someone fixes these two small problems with the PVR functionality , It will save a lot of frustration, certainly in my house !
Steve.
this is caused by a bug in the add-on that you're using that is not calling XBMC->TriggerRecordingUpdate() when the list of recordings changed, not a bug in PVR.

thumbnails are not implemented for pvr recordings.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV (PVR Addon) refresh of recordings ?0