• 2(current)
New box: G-box midnight mx2
Don't think there have been official updates, only beta updates then the final gets pushed to the over the air update.
Is there a way to tell which Google Play Store apps will work on the G-box? I understand that some will not play at all on the G-box MX2. I am specifically interested in the MLB.com At Bat app and the Hulu app (I see that Netflix come preinstalled). I would be grateful if someone could test out the MLB.com At Bat app! Thanks so much for the help and sorry if this has already been mentioned or is common knowledge...
Can someone please confirm if this thing will output 1080p to the display/TV for both the Android GUI and video playback via XBMC? There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this and I cannot locate a clear and proven answer. I'd rather not bother if my resolution is going to get crappified to 720.
Does anyone know if the mx2 will play iso files and what's the largest external hdd it will read?
Hi..... Just got the G-Box Midnight MX2 today...

2 Things bugging me tho...

"This procedure will upgrade your 4.2.1 firmware to the full stable 4.2.2. Please be aware that this will wipe and data saved on your MX2. "
Will i end up with an empty box after this update (and have to re-install every app manually) or just the way i got it from Amazon...

(i wanna do the update before installing anything obviously?

2... whats the best option for a wireless pad to play EMULATOR roms with?

I never had a PC pad so not sure what will or wont work? Any wireless PC Pad?

I Have got a PS3 DUAL SHOCK 2 & SIX AXIS is there a wireless adapter for these?

Thanks!
The mx2 only outputs in 720p even with the latest 4.2.2 firmware.
I received my replacement unit a couple of days ago and it doesn't appear this one over heats like my original did.

If you are looking at playing files from your network, in my experience, don't get this unit. Even playing small files which both my Nuc on Openelec and my Wdtv live streaming played flawlessly the mx2 struggled and constantly dropped frames under the same conditions as the other 2 players.

I had issues with the update to 4.2.2 and couldn't get any technical support from matricom or the vendor. I ended up solving it on my own, the mx2 didn't like my original sd card. Once I tried a new card the update went fine. Point being though, I feel that if it had been an issue I couldn't solve on my own the companies support is next to nothing and I'd have an expensive paper weight.

If I could return this unit for a refund I'd do so in a heart beat. When I returned the original one for an exchange I bought a Nuc and set it up as my main player and had hoped to use the mx2 in the bedroom. Now the mx2 will sit in the box collecting dust until a working firmware comes out and then it will be used very occasionally in the guest room.

There are a lot of decent products out there and at this point I don't feel the mx2 is one of them. It may play Internet based material fine but the 2 units I've had could not play network files well at all.
Intel I3-4130 | Asus H81T/CSM | 8GB DDR3 | 120GB Crucial M4| KODI 14.1
SilverStone Milo ML06
(2013-06-17, 05:22)Cypher64 Wrote: If you are looking at playing files from your network, in my experience, don't get this unit. Even playing small files which both my Nuc on Openelec and my Wdtv live streaming played flawlessly the mx2 struggled and constantly dropped frames under the same conditions as the other 2 players.

I'm so sorry to hear that your having issues streaming media over your network. All of my media is streamed and I've had no issues what-so-ever playing my network based files from my unRAID box or from internet resources. This is why I posted a video to show that this box is not only snappy, but can play networked media over a wired ethernet connection. I'd troubleshoot my network a bit more before giving up on the MX2.. Good Luck!
(2013-06-17, 05:51)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 05:22)Cypher64 Wrote: If you are looking at playing files from your network, in my experience, don't get this unit. Even playing small files which both my Nuc on Openelec and my Wdtv live streaming played flawlessly the mx2 struggled and constantly dropped frames under the same conditions as the other 2 players.

I'm so sorry to hear that your having issues streaming media over your network. All of my media is streamed and I've had no issues what-so-ever playing my network based files from my unRAID box or from internet resources. This is why I posted a video to show that this box is not only snappy, but can play networked media over a wired ethernet connection. I'd troubleshoot my network a bit more before giving up on the MX2.. Good Luck!

I wouldn't think it would be my network as both my Nuc and WDTV plays the same files from the same cable I tried the MX2 on. Are there any other setting in the MX2 that need to be changed? Everything is DHCP and the MX2 is set to DCHP..
SilverStone Milo ML06
Has anyone done a manual update from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2......?

What state was your unit in after FW update?

Did it still have apps installed? XBMC etc?

THANXXX
(2013-06-17, 15:36)JudgeDrokk Wrote: Has anyone done a manual update from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2......?

What state was your unit in after FW update?

Did it still have apps installed? XBMC etc?

THANXXX

I did the manual update, all apps are there as far as I know. I does wipe the device so you will have to redo all your setup again.
SilverStone Milo ML06
Bought one of these too and works fine for me. All media is stored on my nas and accessed through network (ethernet) using SMB.

Played everything I've thrown at it just fine so far.

One thing which doesn't appear to work properly is LiveTV (using the tvheadend client). Not sure if this is an xbmc build issue or not, but it will play ok if I use an external app outside XMBC.
I got one of these the other day. It seems to work okay except the Netflix streaming starts out very distorted and cloudy but then clears up. It also only play on full screen mode not 1080p. The video adjustments will not change anything.
Would anyone be willing to try the skin "Transparency!" and let me know how the device performs. I'd love to put this in my daughter's room but I don't want to confuse her with a whole new skin. She's young.

Thanks!
can this run Linux like the other GBOX? That might help allot as linux is leaner then Android by allot
There is no working linux build that has been publicly released for the dual core chip in the Midnight MX2.
Would be great if it did happen, because it would remove a lot of overhead.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box: G-box midnight mx22