• 6(current)
New box: G-box midnight mx2
(2013-10-04, 14:08)reilly31 Wrote: Ok got a problem i hope one of you can help with. When i got to select the XBMC player on the box it just goes back to the screen i tried to click on for the XBMC player.I cant actually get onto the player anymore. Any fixes for this.

Not sure if you tried it, but maybe try uninstalling it and re installing it. I know if you had it all set up this can be a pain.
(2013-10-04, 14:08)reilly31 Wrote: Ok got a problem i hope one of you can help with. When i got to select the XBMC player on the box it just goes back to the screen i tried to click on for the XBMC player.I cant actually get onto the player anymore. Any fixes for this.

What box are you running xbmc on ? The more detail the better help you can receive.

QV.
Im running it on the midnight gbox mx2 by Matricom.
I just bought one of these units from Amazon and I've been playing with it for almost a day. I have to say I'm not to impressed with it so far. Netflix from this source is the worse video on any device connected to my TV. It's actually kind of blurry with contrast levels way to high or brightness way to low. It's also taking longer (much longer) to load videos from this box than any other box I have from Netflix. It's a disaster to go through the main selection menu in Netflix since only the curser can select a movie. Very odd. I own a Sharp 60" LED and it's like this box is connected with regular video cables than an HDMI cable.
it is truth that the v.1.1.6 firmware of gbox mx2 solved many playback problems (mkv files)...

btw matricom promises soon full 1080p playback under XBMC...
(they also posted some screenshots)

http://matricom.net/forums/#/discussion/...reen-shots
In all reality android on a dual core just doesn't cut it. Even some of the quad core boxes don't run the best. The ouya does well other then the hdmi handshake issue.
Tried the mx2 and midnight both are horribly slow and don't feature hardware acceleration. The mk808 doesn't do well either. The cx919 from tronsmart does ok. Wifi on these boxes are horrible.
My Apple TV 2 that is years old now runs circles around the mx2. Although I think in a few years it may show its age.
(2013-10-29, 18:14)ilovemymac Wrote: In all reality android on a dual core just doesn't cut it. Even some of the quad core boxes don't run the best. The ouya does well other then the hdmi handshake issue.
Tried the mx2 and midnight both are horribly slow and don't feature hardware acceleration. The mk808 doesn't do well either. The cx919 from tronsmart does ok. Wifi on these boxes are horrible.
My Apple TV 2 that is years old now runs circles around the mx2. Although I think in a few years it may show its age.

Have you ever considered getting a job as a comedian?
What's your problem? I have worked with all these boxes and installed Xbmc for friends on them and the mx2 sucks. It's slow and the company who makes them has horrible cust service and the boxes are cheaply built.
(2013-10-29, 18:51)ilovemymac Wrote: What's your problem? I have worked with all these boxes and installed Xbmc for friends on them and the mx2 sucks. It's slow and the company who makes them has horrible cust service and the boxes are cheaply built.

Of course you have!!!
Been using Xbmc since it first came out for apple tv2 and I also code some. If you like crappy built box with only a dual core fine. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm taking about because I put down your box and present the issues it faces. It doesn't even do 1080p not that it's a big deal as most stuff is still 720 p for streaming.

But in the end an arm processor running android and all it's bloat needs really a quad core to run great.
(2013-10-29, 19:16)ilovemymac Wrote: Been using Xbmc since it first came out for apple tv2 and I also code some. If you like crappy built box with only a dual core fine. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm taking about because I put down your box and present the issues it faces. It doesn't even do 1080p not that it's a big deal as most stuff is still 720 p for streaming.

But in the end an arm processor running android and all it's bloat needs really a quad core to run great.

Amazing how easy it is to get under the skin of an apple fanboy... I don't give two hoots about the MX2...but, & I say but, get your facts straight. You ain't got a clue what you are talking about.

Davilla et al have done a great job polishing the code for the Pivos, that's a single core amlogic device. The MX2 dual core runs android just fine... pop Linux on it and it flys....please stop giving misinformation to people who may not know any better.
Well the pivos runs ok. I wouldn't say great. Videos play good but menus are sluggish and slow.
I may like apple products but I did say the ouya is good. I also said several other droid devices were good. Your not under my skin. I just call it as I see it. I have played and tested so many of these devices and I call it like I see it.

The pivos is a good box and I think it's better then the midnight and mx2 but again not great.
I've got one these, I noticed that, on Android, xbmc is not giving a full-HD output, it gives 1280x720p resolution only, even though, on android settings it's ok, but not on xbmc.

Anyhow, I purchased this box only for xbmc, so I found an experimental linux build that is working far better than the original android xbmc, and I'm really impressed with its stability now.

Any one interested, pls check here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...029&page=1.
(2013-10-30, 10:51)kim1406 Wrote: I've got one these, I noticed that, on Android, xbmc is not giving a full-HD output, it gives 1280x720p resolution only, even though, on android settings it's ok, but not on xbmc.

Anyhow, I purchased this box only for xbmc, so I found an experimental linux build that is working far better than the original android xbmc, and I'm really impressed with its stability now.

These boxes are sooooo slow trying to go between menus. It's like watching paint dry. I don't know why more people don't choose like the ouya or the cx919 or another quad core box. Or an Apple TV 1 running open elec.
(2013-11-01, 07:32)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2013-10-30, 10:51)kim1406 Wrote: I've got one these, I noticed that, on Android, xbmc is not giving a full-HD output, it gives 1280x720p resolution only, even though, on android settings it's ok, but not on xbmc.

These boxes are sooooo slow trying to go between menus. It's like watching paint dry. I don't know why more people don't choose like the ouya or the cx919 or another quad core box. Or an Apple TV 1 running open elec.

I don't agree with you, this box is not slow. you could check it on youtube. People are purchasing this rather than apple tv or other product because this one is less expensive and plays xbmc out of the box without problems.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box: G-box midnight mx22