• 7(current)
New box: G-box midnight mx2
(2013-11-01, 07:32)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2013-10-30, 10:51)kim1406 Wrote: I've got one these, I noticed that, on Android, xbmc is not giving a full-HD output, it gives 1280x720p resolution only, even though, on android settings it's ok, but not on xbmc.

Anyhow, I purchased this box only for xbmc, so I found an experimental linux build that is working far better than the original android xbmc, and I'm really impressed with its stability now.

Any one interested, pls check here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...029&page=1.

These boxes are sooooo slow trying to go between menus. It's like watching paint dry. I don't know why more people don't choose like the ouya or the cx919 or another quad core box. Or an Apple TV 1 running open elec.

no this box is not slow at all, this box is the best among all the android devices as of now. try upgrading the firmware or the above mention linux firmware.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

It is slow. It lags when trying to switch between menus and scrolling through things. The ouya and the cx919 and mk908 all do much better. The pivos and midnight and are really slow the mx2 is not much better
(2013-11-03, 18:05)ilovemymac Wrote: It is slow. It lags when trying to switch between menus and scrolling through things. The ouya and the cx919 and mk908 all do much better. The pivos and midnight and are really slow the mx2 is not much better

I don't think you have used an MX2, maybe because you love mac Big Grin
I'm currently using MX2 with the experimental linux build as I mentioned above, and it is very good and really faster than my Acer Revo (Win7). Further, I can now stream HD contents through WIFI with MX2 without any buffering problems as I always encounter with the Revo.
No actually I have. The ouya and I'd say the cx919 are both better. Problem with any of the sticks is they don't come with a remote though. Yes I do love Mac. Far better then winblose who copied it. It's ok you can like your mx2 but so far nothing android with a dual core runs well. Ok I did install a ouya build to an mk808 b and it did ok but still not great
If anybody needs a mx2 i will sell mine. 75.00 plus shipping.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
I sold my gbox midnight 2.2 and bought a zotac zbox.

So good having films, tv, music, email and internet on the TV Smile

The software leads the hardware ...
I am considering getting this. My current box is a pivos DS running linux XBMC. My issue with it is it doesn't always play 1080p ( local mkv +DTS content on usb drive) without audio sync issues.

Will this box help in that regard?

I just want reliable 1080p playback on an xbmc box without having to build an htpc.
(2013-11-13, 00:44)skeetz Wrote: I am considering getting this. My current box is a pivos DS running linux XBMC. My issue with it is it doesn't always play 1080p ( local mkv +DTS content on usb drive) without audio sync issues.

Will this box help in that regard?

I just want reliable 1080p playback on an xbmc box without having to build an htpc.
for what it is worth, I occasionally have audio sync issues with my HTPC. I suspect it has more to do with the Audio Engine than it being a hardware issue. 13.0 may solve this.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
The G-box Midnight MX2 is decent. I have owned mine for about 3 weeks now. Running Android (not linux). in XBMC, the menu navigation speed is perfectly fine. Video playback is great. High def videos look awesome. No stuttering here, have it wired ethernet, I access all my content from Windows shares. A few times, I have had situation where launching XBMC exits back to launcher. Every time this has happened, a reboot of the box has resolved this issue. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the GX2 so far.
Does this play HD movies off a portable NTFS hard drive attached to it?
(2013-12-01, 06:58)funtasticguy Wrote: Does this play HD movies off a portable NTFS hard drive attached to it?

Yes, it does and works very good without any problem. I attach 1TB WD Element portable HDD which works flawlessly.
great box I love it, I got mine for 3 days now and so far so good
Thanks for your reply, cariocarj10. I have one last question. Can this box install apps on the SD or on a portable hard drive attached to it?
If your gonna get a box get a quad core. No sense in going backwords. I don't get why people want a single or dual core android with so many quad core boxes out there.
ilovemymac, please recommend a good quad core box that plays XBMC extremely well, has solid wifi, and runs well or as well as the MX2. I also don't know if the Android version of XBMC is designed to take advantage of 4 cores. I'm leaning on MX2 because of all the great reviews as well as the fact that XBMC runs extremely well on it. However, if I could find a quad core box that runs the same or better than the MX2 then I would go for it instead.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box: G-box midnight mx22