Raspberry pi hangs when scanning [Solved]
EDIT: Issue seems to be with a flaky sdcard. I didn't have a spare sdcard to try but used a micro sdcard with a converter and so far its gone through scanning 8 shows with no signs of slowing down. Card I was using was a transcend 32gb in case anyone was wondering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I set up raspberry pi with xbmc and everything works fine until I started scanning

For instance if I add my tv shows folder as source it starts scanning the first show just fine and then slows down on the second and then locks up. SSH and browsing via windows gives errors. Whats weird is the clock in the background keeps showing correct time so i'm not exactly sure what is going on. If I reboot it does the same thing, scans one tv show fine and then slows down to a crawl and locks up completely.

I tried waiting it out. After 20 minutes of scanning one show it comes back with "unable to connect to remote server would you like to continue scanning?" but does not allow me to click buttons with keyboard or mouse. SSH and browsing via windows is still unavailable so I have to do a hard shutdown.

I'm not overclocking, just a vanilla version of the stable 3.02 build. I have another openelec box on an as300 and that works just fine scraping so I don't think its the an issue with the scraper.

I get a lot of errors in xbmc.log about not getting .actors but i'm told that that is a false reading and to disregard. However at the end I do get:

20:41:56 T:2901787744 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://ATHENA/tv/Family Guy/.actors
20:41:57 T:2901787744 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 6
20:41:57 T:2901787744 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
20:41:57 T:2901787744 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
20:43:31 T:3043123728 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

Anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry pi hangs when scanning [Solved]0