Support for .TY (TIVO) files
i would be great if xmc would support .ty files... using mfs-ftp on my tivo i am able to stream .ty files from my pc and watch all the shows i have stored on my tivo.

i would be awesome, if i could watch all the contents of my tivo from the xbox i have across my house..

(wink) (wink).

thanks, and congrats on a great products. it's much more easy and powerfull than xmp...
you are one of several requesting this! i also mfs_ftp stuff to a pc and convert (using tytools) to standard mpeg. it would be a lot easier to simply stream as tys or tmf files directly from the tivo or from a pc hdd.
this has been done by duo (d7o) for xbmp, but i was trying to figure a way of updating the mplayer codec library with the appropriate codec. a codec exists for tivo mplayer from cwingert http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/

but i can't move things further forward. do the devs know is there a simple way of advancing things based on what's been done by cwingert and duo?
(jasch @ feb. 20 2004,01:59 Wrote:i would be great if xmc would support .ty files... using mfs-ftp on my tivo i am able to stream .ty files from my pc and watch all the shows i have stored on my tivo.
did you see this http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....hl=tivo ?
i was able to compile a mplayer.dll that supports tmf files. let me know if you would like to test it.
xbmc already supports .ty files. i'm streaming recordings from my tivo straight to the xbox without the need or hastle of using tytools.

check out the xbox forum at dealdatabase.com. there you'll find tivo s1 and tivo s2 compiled versions of ccxstream which you can run use to stream recordings to xbmc. be sure to also get the accompanying python script and tivoweb .itcl file which provide a really clean interface to your recordings, and other settings. you dont need, but it makes it a much nicer experience.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes, ty files and streaming works great in the past few versions. tmf support was not there tho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for .TY (TIVO) files0