Win Group #6 CPU that can handle Netflix/Silverlight
A couple weeks ago while poking around the forum I ran across a thread about launching WMC's Netflix app from within XBMC. I set this up on one of my laptops and it worked great. When i set it up on my Revo 3700 it didn't work very well. The audio & video is very choppy. After more reading it sounds like this is realted to Silverlight.

So I think I might use this as an excuse to build a new HTPC. I belong to group #6. My current movies are stored as mkv's on my NAS. I would like my new system to have a Blu-Ray reader/writer so I can start playing and backing up my blurrays ( not sure if you can backup a DVD/Blu-Ray from within XBMC, but that would be cool). I would like to start playing around with live TV / PVR as well. It will be running XBMC on top of Windows 7 x64

I guess my main question is what CPU do you guys recommend that will meet my group #6 needs and will allow Netflix/Silverlight HD playback? Also if you think the onboard graphics would be ok, or if u recommend getting a GPU?

Thanks for your help!
Celeron mobile 847 is the minimum I've gotten to run Netflix. Since Netflix is software rendered, a GPU won't help. Any Intel or AMD desktop within the past two generations will do it too.
ok Thanks Dougie!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group #6 CPU that can handle Netflix/Silverlight0