Win Acer RL80 Remote Control - certain buttons not working
Hopefully someone can help me as I'm tearing my hair out trying to find a solution:

My Acer Revo RL80 is a fantastic XBMC box (the other day I was recording 3 HD streams whilst watching a 1080p movie with 5.1 DTS sound without a single stutter... not bad for a dual-core Celeron).

I've installed a genuine RL80 IR received (hooked up to the motherboard) and have a genuine RL80 remote control (the one with the remote on one side and keyboard on the other).

I've followed the instructions to patch the registry to get it up and running, and even the keyboard now works (previously this was problematic).

So far, so good.

However, certain buttons on the remote still don't work - for example, the red, green, yellow and blue buttons, plus the TV buttons (live TV, recorded TV and EPG).

I've mapped the coloured buttons in XBMC by editing keyboard.xml. I've mapped the TV buttons using XBMC's MCE Remote plug-in.

Bizarrely, the key mappings work with my original MCE (RC6) remote, but not with the Acer remote.

Even more bizarrely, whilst the ShowKey app doesn't recognise the offending buttons, Intelliremote does Huh.

I like to keep my system as streamlined as possible so don't want to use Intelliremote unless I really have to.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

(Incidentally, I've also tried getting the remote to work with my original HP MCE IR blaster and get exactly the same problem. Note that this problem persists across Windows, both 7 & 8, and not just in XBMC.)

Any help gratefully received, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer RL80 Remote Control - certain buttons not working0