[4TheRecord Argus] Can't get correct channel order in groups
Hey,

I'm using Margros PVR branch and the 4tR Argus backend. I have 3 channel groups in 4tR and only have one backend active in XBMC. I tried every combination of the checkboxes that allow to keep the channel order etc in the global PVR settings, but I simply don't get them in the order I arranged them in the 4tR backend. Is this supposed to work already or is it something I configured wrong? To me it seems like the channels get imported by their internal 4TR ID or the sorting flag is missing or whatever. Shall I file a bug report?
da-anda Wrote:Hey,

I'm using Margros PVR branch and the 4tR Argus backend. I have 3 channel groups in 4tR and only have one backend active in XBMC. I tried every combination of the checkboxes that allow to keep the channel order etc in the global PVR settings, but I simply don't get them in the order I arranged them in the 4tR backend. Is this supposed to work already or is it something I configured wrong? To me it seems like the channels get imported by their internal 4TR ID or the sorting flag is missing or whatever. Shall I file a bug report?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121625

I reported similar issues here, still have not rectified it. But you can use the "Hide Channels" option in the actual EPG to hide channels, but it doesn't work for me any longer in the Channel Manager.
Have you come up with a solution for this? I have the same problem.

/Marcus
sorry, no solution yet. I think it's a addon issue, but I'm not sure.
The problem with the current PVR API is that a PVR addon cannot force the channel order using a sorting flag. XBMC uses either the order as delivered by the addon or it sorts the channels according to their LCN (if available).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
the current PVR API only supports 1 order, and not a separate order per group (cause that's what you're asking about if I'm correct?). please create a feature request ticket for this. too late to be changed for Eden-pvr though.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
yes, I was asking for a different channel order per group. Just imagine a "Favourites" group that f.e. also has some HD channels in there, but there's also a "HD" group with all HD channels.
But it would already be fine if the order of my first group (Favourites) would be preserved - don't care much about the rest atm.
Yes, I am very interested in such a feature as well.
Every group (say Bouquet) should be able to have it's own order of channels.
(2012-04-17, 20:32)mulder77de Wrote: Yes, I am very interested in such a feature as well.
Every group (say Bouquet) should be able to have it's own order of channels.

I agree, it is one of the main reasons I don't use XBMC as my main Mediacentre at this moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[4TheRecord Argus] Can't get correct channel order in groups0