• 2(current)
Release SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)
Will look into that. If it does all that, there isn't much point behind developing this addon further, other than to make a basic "Steam only" addon for those who just want Steam games, and none of the extra features that RCB does.
Although RCB does allow you to launch Steam Games the setup process is not automatic and requires the user to create shortcut files which contain the url to the game to be launched. Once this is done RCB will launch the game. I prefer the method that you have developed in which the games are automatically loaded. I have a rather large library and do not want to have to create shortcuts for each game. Additionally when I add a new game I do not have to create a shortcut file, the addon just automatically loads it for me. It would be nice to see this implemented with either Advanced Launcher or RCB, however at the moment I love the fact that the process is all automatic.
Are you sure? Because Dark_Slayer said it's automatic. Now I haven't used RCB, so I don't know.
It's automatic once you've created the shortcuts (scraping and etc), but it doesn't fetch your Steam list and etc
Oh, in which case, there is at least some point to SteamBMC Tongue.
(2013-05-29, 02:16)tom66 Wrote: Are you sure? Because Dark_Slayer said it's automatic. Now I haven't used RCB, so I don't know.

Yes, sorry for the hiatus in replying

It's exactly as they've described. Create the links and run the config, and it automatically pulls in your artwork. Didn't realize SteamBMC would just fetch your steam library without any other setup. Great sounding feature. I only have one steam game Blush so I'm not too frequent of a gamer as evidence of that. I don't recall if a Steam install asks you to "install shortcuts" and select a folder when you grab a new steam game or if it just automatically pops in your library and plays

Either way, the idea is interesting and a polished sounding way of implementing your steam library to XBMC. Since I know nothing about python, minimal knowledge of steam, or how add-on developers could collaborate, I'm therefore equivocally of little use. But it just seemed to me that if there was a way for you to get this type of fetching working maybe malte would let you fork or add it to what he's already produced so you don't have to reinvent as many wheels Smile

Also SteamBMC is an awesome name in it's own right
I'm trying to split apart my Steam and XBMC parts of the SteamAPI module I wrote. SteamAPI handles fetching games, artwork, etc. and also the launching of Steam games. It's completely possible for malte to add that into his plugin, I could consider donating some time to that project at some time in the future but I need to refine SteamBMC a bit more before the API is usable in other plugins... too many bodges.
Hi everyone,

I was testing this great thing but already got stuck by entering the steam public url name...

Do i have to insert the whole: http://steamcommunity/profiles/7656.....?
or just my account/login name? or only the 7656xxx number??

I don't get an error, but also no games (on this test machine is only HL2 Lost Coast installed).
Just the 7656xxx number.

Try with my Steam account URI "tom6676" as I have HL2 Lost Coast and you should be able to launch it (SteamBMC does no authentication; it relies on Steam to see what games you own. If you try to launch a non-existent game it usually won't show an error but it won't work either.)
OK, this is kind of strange...

my acoount name is "IggI"
my login name is "dhjgv"
when I go on my profile, i have the url: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976862633

When I try the number, it does not work, when I try dhjgv, it does not work, when I try IggI, I get games but not mine!, when I try tom6676 I get your games...

Did I forgot something??

€dit; Yes I did...... found the "specify your public url"....
You sorted it?
Check for your games XML profile here:
http ://www.steamcommunity.com/id/yourusernamehere/games?tab=all&xml=1

e.g.
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/tom6676...=all&xml=1

This gives you the XML file SteamBMC uses to get your games list.
It's working now for me Wink

Now I only need a mod for the skin so I don't have only the list view.
If you edit the addon.xml and change the plugin source to e.g. "video" you get all the video skin viewtypes, but XBMC may complain about "playback failed" even if the game launches successfully (not a problem, you can still play the game.)
(2013-05-30, 22:02)tom66 Wrote: You sorted it?
Check for your games XML profile here:
http ://www.steamcommunity.com/id/yourusernamehere/games?tab=all&xml=1

e.g.
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/tom6676...=all&xml=1

This gives you the XML file SteamBMC uses to get your games list.

When I enter either my account name, user ID, 7656xxx in the URL, I get "The specified profile could not be found."

I'm very new to Steam, so any help appreciated. On the Steam web site, under Edit Profile, Settings, I've set both Profile Status and Inventory to Public. I can see your XML when I enter "tom6676". Any thoughts?
Quote:When I enter either my account name, user ID, 7656xxx in the URL, I get "The specified profile could not be found."

I'm very new to Steam, so any help appreciated. On the Steam web site, under Edit Profile, Settings, I've set both Profile Status and Inventory to Public. I can see your XML when I enter "tom6676". Any thoughts?

I guess I just had to be a bit more patient. The URL with my username works now, and the add-on looks good. I'm using it with Aeon Nox; what's the best way to populate all the fan art and covers?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)0