SSH/winSCP librtmp RASBMC
Hi there, messaging for a friend of mine. Not very rasbperry pi literate here. My friend has a pi running Rasbmc. He would like to update his LIBRTMP file as it is needed for coolsports on sportsdevil. He told me, once he ssh's (using winSCP) into his RASPBMC, he tries to drag and drop the updated librtmp in the specific place where the file is meant to go, once he tries, he is denied and gets "restricted code access 3" and is not able to update the file. Is there something else he must do?
Are they logged in as root?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2013-05-18, 13:11)deanmv Wrote: Are they logged in as root?

Hi there, do you mean when he logs into winscp into the pi?
the username he uses is pi n password raspberry.

Sorry if it isnt what you meant, I'm asking/using the information he gives me.
Yeah that is what I mean, where you are moving the file is not allowed to be put in that location by that user so you will need to be logged in as root. The raspbmc website is down at the moment and I can't remember the instructions to turn on root off the top of my head.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
sudo passwd root
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Hi, thank you both for the help. When we try to log in using winscp with the user name sudo password root, we get a box saying access is denied and have to put in another password. Are we doing something wrong?

I have attached a screenshot to show the problem. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/r...oblem.png/
OK, you need to log in to PUTTY using pi/raspberry and then run
Code:
sudo passwd root
you will then be prompted for the root password twice, once you have set up a root password then you can log in to WinSCP or putty using user root and your new password and have full access
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-05-18, 19:36)Dilligaf Wrote: OK, you need to log in to PUTTY using pi/raspberry and then run
Code:
sudo passwd root
you will then be prompted for the root password twice, once you have set up a root password then you can log in to WinSCP or putty using user root and your new password and have full access

Hi again! Thank you for the help Smile, It worked.

One last question, where will I find the XBMC files to place the new librtmp?

I have provided a screenshot to explain what I mean.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/userts.png/

Edit - No worries, found!

Thank you to both users for the great help for noob users like myself and my friend!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH/winSCP librtmp RASBMC0