Bug Double taps in remote control
For quite a while I experience problems while using the direct remote control: Clicks are recognized multiple times. That means if you try to simply navigate through the menu on the TV screen, every click is performed more than once. This way the cursor jumps two or three items although just pressed once. I initially thought that I pressed the buttons to long but now I think that event Flash wouldn't be quick enough to avoid the problem. Wink The issue is recognized mostly on the arrows and the OK-Button.

Don't know which update brought the problem but it did work fine in elder versions. I just saw that anyone mentioned similar problems in the app reviews already.

Tested on iPhone 5 (latest iOS-Version) using the current release against XBMC 12.0.
I have the same problem with my iPhone5 + XBMC 12.2 (linux). I have found that the problems goes away for a while if I kill the XBMC remote application on my iPhone and start the app again.

I use the XBMC remote app for multiple devices (2x linux-HTPC with XBMC 12.2 and an ATV2 with XBMC 12.0). I'm not a 100% sure, but I believe this problem is triggered after I've switched between remote controlling the ATV2 and one of my HTPCs. It always works fine on the ATV2 box.
Yep, killing and restarting the app should fix the issue. There is something that trigger that bug but until today I'm not able to reproduce it. The day that I will be able to reproduce it for sure will be fixed.
Recently i updated to XBMC 12.2 and currently i'm facing with the same issue (Double Tap) on my HTPC , OS Win7 Ultimate , PVR client ArgusTV , DVB-S2 card Tevii S471 .
It seems to be common bug in new release of XBMC 12.2
@Stanly, are you facing the issue even if you kill & relaunch the remote app??
I've no trouble here, working fine with XBMC 12.2
joethefox

I absolutely love your remote! 90% of the time that is.

The other 10%....well I just don't know what happens and could possibly use some guidance.

I am running a simple operation compared to others here, a Raspberry Pi and your Official XBMC remote on an iPhone 4S.

All of a sudden, there's no connection, the dreaded red dot.

When I try to reconnect, sometimes it doesn't find the source for a half hour or so, sometimes immediately.

Today, it did something different. When I lost connection, it found the source immediately, but just wouldn't connect for over 20 minutes.

I've gone so far as to purchase a recommended power source for the Raspberry, but that didn't change anything. I've also deleted and reinstalled the app several times with no better results.

This loss of connection happens at least once a day...sometimes several.

Considering how wonderfully it operated MOST of the time, I just can't figure out what happens that other 10%.

Thanks!
I have been getting the same thing ^^^^^^ but mine has found xbmc and a tick appears but never connects ever and
I have also tried various remotes and its always the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double taps in remote control0