"VidOn.Me" XBMC build with Allwinner A10 HW-acceleration
This news is indeed a bit disappointing. I had been planning on purchasing a Cubieboard2, but now I guess not.

I guess that this means that there's also not really a future which includes XBMC for the A20-OLinuXino-MICRO, pcDuino3, IBOX Mini, the Mele M3, or the CuBox, right?

Or will all these things be able to run XBMC under Android (but only Android)?

(It does seem strange, that you're calling the A20 "outdated". The press blurb I'm looking at seems to suggest that it was only even announced on or about December 11th 2012, making the A20 slightly less than 1.5 years old. I mean geeezzz! I know that electronics becomes "outdated" fast, but I think this must be a new world's record or something.)

So, um, in lieu of anything based on an A20, what other ARM-based SoCs are out there than the XBMC devs do have an interest in supporting? Exynos perhaps (and thus the Odroid boards)? Rockchip? Freescale?
(2014-05-25, 12:26)ronbaby Wrote: So, um, in lieu of anything based on an A20, what other ARM-based SoCs are out there than the XBMC devs do have an interest in supporting? Exynos perhaps (and thus the Odroid boards)? Rockchip? Freescale?
Android-wise, we support anything that uses the standard mediacodec/libstagefright interface, i.e. everything besides A10/A20 Wink
OK. thanks. What about Linux-wise?
Ditto

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"VidOn.Me" XBMC build with Allwinner A10 HW-acceleration4