Ouya, XBMC and cmyth - choppy video
(2013-12-27, 06:28)Gibby13 Wrote: Ugh, I was just getting ready to get an Ouya for XBMC and MythTV Live Video. Looks like I will go with the Pivos XIOS DS instead. Been playing with other cheap android sticks hoping for a cheap solution for the kids play room and the other guest bedrooms.

The Pivos should be a mature solution, but if you give it a few more months, you may be interested in the CuBox-i1 as a cheap solution.
(2013-12-27, 16:11)321liftoff Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 06:28)Gibby13 Wrote: Ugh, I was just getting ready to get an Ouya for XBMC and MythTV Live Video. Looks like I will go with the Pivos XIOS DS instead. Been playing with other cheap android sticks hoping for a cheap solution for the kids play room and the other guest bedrooms.

The Pivos should be a mature solution, but if you give it a few more months, you may be interested in the CuBox-i1 as a cheap solution.

Wow, can't believe I haven't heard of the CuBox before. How close is it to working with XBMC or does it even work with it yet?
Ouya looks like a dead end. I can't get an answer out of them. Support tickets keep coming back with no answer. I suppose they don't care about set-top, only games. They may have their sites on "a low end Valve". Bummer.
I don't understand why they won't respond... At first I thought maybe they just didn't want the bad PR of admitting that it wasn't possible, but Tegra3 specs state that mpeg2 hardware decoding is supported.

Very frustrating. Will probably end up giving my ouya away and buying a cubox-i.
Why would they answer you when they have your money already?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ouya did reply a few weeks ago. Mpeg2 support is "on the list" but there is no way of knowing when it will show up.
I just got a Cubox-i4Pro and I verify that MPEG-2 works out of the box with no licenses or sw decoding. There's still some work to be done to get it totally solid, but with the number of developers working on it from different angles, I would be surprised if we don't have a solid XBMC load in 4 months!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya, XBMC and cmyth - choppy video0