Blank scrollsuffix not possible?
Is there no way to get rid of the scrollsuffix on labels? Using a blank space as the suffix doesn't seem to work, it just defaults to " | "
I believe you can't use "empty" suffix.
Seems like an odd limitation. I wonder if it's a bug or by design.
This isn't related specificly with scrollsufix - this is how we handle xml. <scrollsuffix></scrollsuffix> is valid and contain empty string, we wrongly discard it and use default " | ". For now you can <scrollsuffix>-</scrollsuffix> - this will make empty suffix. Just wonder when someone will want to have "-" as suffix, this will bite again.

--- update
I played a little with it and it seems tinyxml lib is at fault here, it doesn't like when value of element is empty or contains only white spaces - it will then say that element has no value. This makes it impossible to define scrollsuffix to be just a space, as acording to tinyxml that element doesn't have any value ...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
(2013-05-23, 16:13)pieh Wrote: I played a little with it and it seems tinyxml lib is at fault here, it doesn't like when value of element is empty or contains only white spaces - it will then say that element has no value. This makes it impossible to define scrollsuffix to be just a space, as acording to tinyxml that element doesn't have any value ...

Thanks for info.

I tried using escape characters instead of just empty spaces and Interesting enough, this works:

PHP Code:
<scrollsuffix> &quot; </scrollsuffix

and this does not Smile

PHP Code:
<scrollsuffix> &nbsp; </scrollsuffix
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

The whitespace thing in tinyxml can be controlled, but it's a global. Generally we don't want it, as otherwise you have to trim all whitespace before parsing stuff out.

We could probably detect <scrollsuffix></scrollsuffix> and override - we'd need to move the default scrollsuffix to where the XML is being read though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Unicode "undefined" worked for me:
& #0000;
(2014-09-09, 14:51)rothorsekid Wrote: Unicode "undefined" worked for me:
& #0000;

Thanks for sharing!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Doesn't work for me.
Add some spaces around unicode code. I don't remmember what I did exactly but can check tomorrow.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Sorted it out eventually, you need to remove the space after &

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank scrollsuffix not possible?0