Frodo: Shared library support
I was wondering what the drawback is to using a shared mysql media library with the current release of XBMC. Are all features supported? (tags, sets, profiles, ...) ? As i'm probably gonna buy another rapsberry pi soon It'll become a hassle syncing library's. But before I make the switch I want to get a bit better informed about any features that I might not be able to use anymore.
i dont remember about profiles but ive been using it and it is pretty much the same. from a technical standpoint it uses mysql instead of sqlite and that makes it easier to be shared between devices because sqlite is meant for embedding.
Sets definitely work. I have a least a dozen movie sets set up in my MySql environment, and they appear fine on all clients. I mostly created the sets directly via MySQL commands, but I have a few I set up via .NFO files and those work fine as well.
I haven't noticed any drawbacks at all when using MySQL as the DB. I've been running it for over 2 weeks now and sharing the library between three different devices without issue. It acts exactly the same as the default XBMC DB. The only thing I've noticed is perhaps a 1/2 to a 1 second delay when starting XBMC while it connects to the MySQL DB (which is barely noticeable really, I just picked up on it because I'm a speed demon) when using the Aeon Nox theme. I haven't tested it using the Confluence theme.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo: Shared library support0