Buffering problems with Linksys E2000
Hi,

I am having problems with my new e2000 router and xbmc. Let me explain what is happening. I used to own the e1000 router and had it connected via wired connection to 2 computers. On one of the computers, I have xbmc on it and was using it to play movies off my other computers hard drive through the router. Everything worked great. The problem now is, that i upgraded to the e2000 router and i am having buffering problems. It cannot play the movies on the pc that used to play them just fine through the e1000 router. I don't understand what the problem can be, as nothing has changed besides the router and now movies stop every few seconds to buffer. And this is all on a wired connection, I do not use the wifi connection at all and never have. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the new router, as I have looked around the settings and everything looks ok. Any help to figure out this problem would be great.

Thank you.
Any issues outside of XBMC on the router? Like if you copied a file over from one computer to the other, does it sputter like that on the progress bar?
Doesn't seem to be any problems copying over files to the xbmc pc. Also I noticed that if i'm playing back a dvd file (vob), it buffers a little bit and then plays just fine. But if I try HD content, it is buffering like every few seconds. Never had this problem with the e1000 router, it never buffered any of the files ever.
Are your clients capable of Gig-E? If so, see if they are showing up at that speed in your OS network settings. Also, is it set to auto-negotiate speed or mandated to 100Baset or GigE. What type of transfer speeds are you getting from one device to another?

You can always try changing your settings so that your clients drop down to 100BaseT and see if that solves your problem.

If everything is connected at GigE, but you're still having issues, try disabling Jumbo Frames in your adapter settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering problems with Linksys E20000