iOS Works with Ethernet, problems with Wifi....
HI there,

When using the official xbmc app for iPhone, when using the an Ethernet cable the app finds the Pi easily, however when I try to connect via the WiFi it does not work. The WiFi does connect to the internet (same network as the iPhone) as I tested it with a keyboard. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Make sure you disable the WiFi Multimedia Extension in your AP. I have seen it take down the entire WiFi on my place.
I have the same problem, ESPECIALLY when watching Hulu. I'm running OpenElec 3.0.3 on my Raspberry PI 512, wifi adapter, and USB keyboard connected via composite to my ancient (but big) tellie and amp.

It seems some programs hog the network connection and nothing can find the Pi. I have some really nice SSH clients: on Windows (Bitvise SSH), on the iPhone (ServerAuditor), and (of course) the Offical XBMC Remote control programme. I come home from work, turn on the Raspellie (Raspberry, Tellie, and stereo), change my clothes and grab my iPhone. Sometimes, everything is golden, the XBMC remote works fine and I'm watching tellie and drinking beer within 10 minutes of hitting the door. 40% of the time, I have to use the USB keyboard on Raspellie, walk thru the menus, and restart...finally Raspellie responds. The rest of the night, it's hit or miss; when XBMC remote loses the connection, sometimes I can SSH via iPhone or Windows and REBOOT. 75% of the time I can't hit Raspellie @ all and I have to get up and reboot it. Other times, I can fall asleep watching an episode of a show, awaken 4-5 hours later, flick on my iPhone and it's a stable mable connection.

I read that my adapter (being older) may have a "sleep" setting, but I couldn't get anyone to explain where the config file was or how to modify it (I'm a windows guy). It's odd that sometimes it acts like it Raspellie and other times I can force quit the XBMC remote, launch it again, and I'm in like Flynn. Sometimes SSH from iPhone causes it to come back to life. It's just REALLY quirky!
@ac0mputerguru, sorry for the question: have you a cheap router? anyway you have my sympathy, it's heavy go back to home from work
and something disturbs you and your beer. I'm also working to improve the management of the connection by reducing the occupation of the network by the app stop server polling while a TCP connection is open

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Works with Ethernet, problems with Wifi....0