Bug REALLY slow load of films
So I've recently moved to XBMC on my Hackintosh, and am slowly falling in love with it as I work out the bugs.

I've got most of them worked out, but a new one has recently cropped up. When I try to open a film, it will open, but it has to think for about a minute and a half before it does so. This 90 seconds, of course, feels like 10 minutes when you're sitting there staring at the "Working..." and spinning circle in the bottom right corner.

I'd chalk it up to being the program if it was always like that, but it used to play within 5 seconds of pressing on a film title - which makes me think something is wrong. The only thing that's changed between then and now is I've put in a new hard drive. The old drive is still there, just as before...there's just a *second* hard drive to store more films.

Now if it was just films playing from that specific/new hard drive that were taking a long time to load, I'd think it was the drive spinning slow or something. But it's movies from that (new) drive and from the old drive that load slow...? Doesn't make sense.

Think this is just part of the program that I'm going to have to live with?
Please check basics like your network speed, is it still wired @ fast speeds?

Then upload a debug log (wiki).
Would network speed affect the playrate of local files?

Log is done, and here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21380

(it ran for a while, but the film load was in the first several minutes of the log)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REALLY slow load of films0