Submenu Editor.
hello,

i recently installed xbmc dialogsubmenu editor (1.1) and i get an error everytime i try to launch the app.  the error states something to the effect of 'file "dialogsubmenu.xml" not found in current skin project mayhem iii/!";  i am using default project mayhem skin and nothing fancy.

i checked the default directory project mayhem iii skin directory and there a list of folders (1080i, 720p, fonts, media, ntsc, ntsc16x9, pal, pal 16x9, sounds)and only one skin.xml file.

i also checked my settings under video and it is set to auto.  i have a 27" widescreen lcd.

could someone please tell me what else i should check and where else i may be doing something wrong?

while i am on the subject of video modes, this is my brand new experiance with this lcd, just got it over black friday.. where generally in games/apps/etc do you tell to display 720p or 1080i?  i have not yet gotten the component cables, but i am using monster video cable with s-video connection (mx-300).

thanks a lot in advance !!   :thumbsup:

the dialogsubmenu.xml is located in the pal directory of pm3 whether your using ntsc or not. the script is checking the ntsc folder the xml but there isnt any. thats why ur getting that error. its a design oversight on the developers part.

anyways you have to go in the script and trick it into always looking in the pal directory instead of another one.

Quote:def get_filepath(self):
resolutions={0:"1080i",
1:"720p",
2:"480p",
3:"480p16x9",
4:"ntsc",
5:"ntsc16x9",
6:"pal",
7:"pal16x9",
8:"pal60",
9:"pal6016x9"}
doc = "q:\\skin\\"+xbmc.getskindir()+"\\pal\\dialogsubmenu.xml"
if os.path.exists(doc):
return doc
else:
doc = "q:\\skin\\"+xbmc.getskindir()+"\\pal\\dialogsubmenu.xml"
if os.path.exists(doc):
return doc
else:
print "file \"dialogsubmenu.xml\" not found in current skin "+xbmc.getskindir()+"\\!"
self.message("error","file \"dialogsubmenu.xml\" not found in current skin\n"+xbmc.getskindir()+"\\!")
print "submenueditor cacelled..."
self.close()

edit this section and make sure you script look like this
hi !

thanks for the feedback. i figured exactly as you said, but couldn't bring myself to fix the developers code. eventually, i just took dialogsubmenu.xml and edited it myself - it wasn't bad at all.

i'll make the modification to code as you suggested and give this script another try, just for testing sake.

cheers !!
the script is not working !!!
has anyone been able to start up submenueditor 1.1
the script do the backup but after that it just briefly show (running) and after that nothing else happends ?
whats wrong ?
am i the only one with this problem ?
do i have to configure the script somehow ?

got it! love it!

also had to make the alteration for custom (beneath the one you listed Wink )
this script is great, mad props to the author.
one suggestion. i like being able to move scripts up and down the menu, what about an insert button so you could put a script inbetween 2 existing scripts without having to manually move them all individually?
i edited dialogsubmenu.xml and did a
search&replace of 'ntsc' with 'pal'.

the script works well, i'm moving some game xbe, to the script menus for convenience.
solved my problem with the script not starting
i have used a old dialogsubmenu.xml...
if i use a fresh new the script starts up and works fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Submenu Editor.0