• 40(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
Hi, I have spent the last couple of hours looking at mediabrowser & have since installed and am playing with it... the crunch for me will be if mediabrowsers CPU usage will be comparable to Plex because as far as I can see mediabrowser will do everything Plex can do for free except sync (for now) Loving the media management! hopefully I can get your skin working correctly (currently only plays a few seconds of a movie or not at all) but will play first & let you know on the XBMB3 forum if I cannot get it working :-D

Thanks alot fella, you seem to have the same goal as me!
Update to 3.0.40

-- contains fix for crashing xbmc when pressing Info button on Movies
-- option to hide fanart/daily fanart re-added to weather

(2014-03-08, 23:06)iorifly Wrote: im85288,

About my order, possibility? I will not get upset if it does not ... okay.

I just have not had time to look into it yet, don't worry I'll get to seeing whats possible eventually Smile

(2014-03-08, 23:19)mbc0 Wrote: Hi mate,

Yes it is a fresh install and I only installed the skin and PlexBMC from your Repo.

Maybe I am not going to get what I am after then with this setup? :-( The reason I am using XBMC is because I have 4 Tuners providing LiveTV to all clients across the house but want to use the Plex Libraries as we are all out and about so much and they are fantastic to manage... Is there a way to get what I am after? Maybe if I have seperate Windows Logins for XBMC rather than seperate accounts in PlexBMC?

Thanks for your time mate

I really could not say for sure mate, when I looked into it ages ago I was advised to do what you propose (i.e. seperate logins for xbmc) but it didn't work for me. It may be worth trying one of the newer versions of plexbmc that pecincko (Amber skin) has added too to see if that is now supporting multi user logon. If it is, then if you let me know it may be possible to merge his changes with mine for this skin. I know I mentioned it before, but the MediaBrowser 3 server really does provide nearly everything plex does and a lot of extras, there's the normal iOS/android/roku etc apps so easy to use when out and about. And my personal favourite touch is for multi users, you can assign a photo/image to the user...so my family is the simpsons family with me as Homer! Just adds that bit of fun when you select the user on your iPad or something.

As an example on the Roku when logging in for a user:

(2014-03-09, 01:12)mbc0 Wrote: Hi, I have spent the last couple of hours looking at mediabrowser & have since installed and am playing with it... the crunch for me will be if mediabrowsers CPU usage will be comparable to Plex because as far as I can see mediabrowser will do everything Plex can do for free except sync (for now) Loving the media management! hopefully I can get your skin working correctly (currently only plays a few seconds of a movie or not at all) but will play first & let you know on the XBMB3 forum if I cannot get it working :-D

Thanks alot fella, you seem to have the same goal as me!

Just seen this post, cool yeah there's some great stuff with media management in a league of it's own and so easy through a web browser. If you install the coverart plugin you can get some sweet box covers for posters/collections etc. It should be working fine with 0.85 version, so yeah just let me know across there with a log if it's still a problem. There's also been a nice development in the latest XBMB3C code where we are starting to provide the correct information for when your playing an item and press info. The 0.85 version often just shows the file name, but the latest from Github is showing the poster and title of the movie/tv show. I aim to add the rest in the next day or two..ie Plot and artwork such as the clearart logo to get it showing how it does with the local xbmc library.
Thank you!
Update to 3.0.41

-- fixes TV Tunes problems
-- some bug fixes as pointed out by thrak76

(2014-02-20, 01:27)capfuturo Wrote: @im85288:
(2014-02-17, 18:06)iDude Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 12:10)im85288 Wrote: Thanks for the reports, I had no idea about TVTunes...is there not something in the actual TVTunes add-on configuration for this now?
Nope that was the first thing I checked. I also can't disable the tvtunes addon because it is a dependency of the skin
Actually there is a setting in the skin under add-ons that does exactly this: toggles TvTunes on/off, but guess what! It is not working. Switching it on/off is not responding. This setting works perfectly well in Confluence. A screen-shot of the setting's location:
Without this setting working properly the alternative would be turning TvTunes off within the add-on itself, which will only turn the music off whilst browsing the library (if the user goes into Info pane, the themes will start playing of course). A screen shot of that setting:

Issue report:
TvTunes
1) Get theme button is not working (on both Frodo and Gotham): on a video by video basis (movies & tv shows). I believe you are missing the new control instruction given in item 7.2 of the wiki:
Add to near the foot of the DialogVideoInfo.xml after the last control statement in Confluence [Allows download of theme on a video by video basis]:
Code:
<control type="button" id="100">
    <description>Fetch TvTunes stuff</description>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <label>31127</label>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo)</onclick>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) +
    [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(movies)] +
    IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("TvTunes_HideVideoInfoButton"))</visible>
</control>
The button shows but doesn't work:

VideoExtras
2) Extras button is not visible (only Frodo): there is a duplicity in item 4 in the DialogVideoInfo.xml that apparently is preventing VideoExtras from doing its job due to the Extras button not being present (only Frodo). I resolved the issue by excluding the second item 4 from the DialogVideoInfo.xml file and now it works flawlessly:
Code:
        </item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <description>Get Artwork</description>
                            <label>$LOCALIZE[13511]</label>
                            <onclick>ActivateWindow(3004)</onclick>
                            <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + !Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        </item>
                        <!--<item id="4">
                            <description>Get Artwork</description>
                            <label>$LOCALIZE[13511]</label>
                            <onclick>SetProperty(ChooseArt,1,3004)</onclick>
                            <onclick>SendClick(2003,10)</onclick>
                            <visible>Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        </item>-->

Thanks again these issues should now be fixed in the latest Gotham version.

(2014-02-21, 23:58)thrak76 Wrote: I just recently started using this skin after seeing its compatibility with the VideoExtras addon. I'm really enjoying the totally different aesthetic of this skin vs. all the other (mostly the same) skins. Great job on this skin so far!

Now, onto an issue - and I apologize if this has been covered. I did scan through this whole topic and did not see any mention of playlist errors. What I'm experiencing is a "loading Playlist" glitch of some sort in the TVshows widget on the home screen. What's strange is that it is only affecting the main widget and not the tiles surrounding it. Tiles are accessing playlists just fine, but not the big widget in the middle.

Here's a grab of what I mean:
Image[/URL]

I'll add a debug log if you wish. And thanks again for a nice skin!

EDIT: and also now that I look at that screenshot I notice that the "Kids TV" playlist tile is still showing the total number of TV shows right of the title, left over from the default tile of tvshows-title.

The one where it shows the number of TV shows should now be fixed, the other one I could not reproduce I'm afraid.

(2014-02-22, 09:08)thrak76 Wrote: I came across an inconsistency in the LiveTV area. I'm viewing the recordings area here, and you'll notice that the bottom folder in the list is located slightly outside the panel. And when scrolling down through the list, the scroll is happening outside the panel.

Here's a screen:

The panel on the right just shows a default folder icon. What can i do to show a poster that corresponds with the show. This maybe outside of the skin's behavior, and associated more closely with the PVR itself. I'm not sure.

Let me know if I can help out, and thanks again.

The view should now be better, I couldn't test as I only have about 6 recordings!
(2014-03-09, 18:35)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 23:58)thrak76 Wrote: Now, onto an issue - and I apologize if this has been covered. I did scan through this whole topic and did not see any mention of playlist errors. What I'm experiencing is a "loading Playlist" glitch of some sort in the TVshows widget on the home screen. What's strange is that it is only affecting the main widget and not the tiles surrounding it. Tiles are accessing playlists just fine, but not the big widget in the middle.

The one where it shows the number of TV shows should now be fixed, the other one I could not reproduce I'm afraid.

I had the same on install - was a missing folder/link issue. Resolved after I manually added the correct folder path to my TV shows directory (sorry I can't remember in more detail exactly what I did).
Thanks for all your time on this fella :-)
Update to 3.0.42

-- option to hide the text on osd music display
-- bug fix duplicate tiles shown in MB mode

(2014-02-23, 16:20)iorifly Wrote: im85288,

You noticed my doubts on it? Is to disable the name of the song that is going on in the center of the screen?
  Another thing would to put an option to show the image of the artist and the translucent effect of music together?

see some examples :

The disabling of the text is now an option. Next time if there are requests regarding OSD can you please indicate which OSD you are using! There are 4 different OSDs in the skin as it stands so this is useful information to know.

The option to show the image of the artist along with the effect is already there...but will not work if you have the artist slideshow enabled...it seems to me that they will not work together (i.e. slideshow plus visualisation)

(2014-03-10, 17:11)mbc0 Wrote: Thanks for all your time on this fella :-)

Cheers buddy :-)
I updated to 3.0.42.

I can confirm the fix for TV show tally, but not for the scrolling issue. While it may not be as noticeable as it was before, it still does scroll outside of the panel. I also notice this behavior when using the Info List viewtype and enabling plot scrolling. The text will scroll above and outside of the panel. It's more subtle than the other one, also draws attention to the misalignment (maybe misaligned?) panels in this view.

The Poster, or thumb, is not aligned with the center panel top-to-bottom, which is also not aligned with the right panel top-to-bottom. Perhaps this was a concession for discart, or other art, but it just looks inconsistent to me.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Heya,

I'm using Gotham 13 Beta1, reset everything to default before updating and downloaded the xperience1080++ skin via the gotham repo.
After that i disabled all but the following home items: Home, Movies, TV Shows and settings i guess.. after i applied XBMC crashed and now i am unable to access the settings(also pressing enter when the 'gear' is selected doesnt work)
see the following video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1650....14.35.mov

How can i fix this without resetting everything back to default Big Grin?

Thanks !
You may need to revert back to the default skin.

In your userdata folder there is an xml file titled. guisettings.xml. Open that with your favorite text editor - I recommend Notepad++. Search for the section with the lines for <lookandfeel>.
Under that section you see a line with <skin>skin.xperience1080plusplus</skin>. Erase the skin.xperience1080plusplus text, but leave <skin></skin>.
Save the .xml and restart XBMC. This will revert XBMC to the default skin.

As far as wrangling 1080++ to restore the "settings" section, I'm not sure. If you look through the guisettings.xml for the 1080++ section - <skinsettings>, you may be able to find a true/false statement that would bring it back. It may be easier just to uninstall 1080++ and start over though.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I have an issue with xbmc where it is skipping past applications even its still there as a title. It just skips from music to settings. I am using your mod and I love it honestly. please could you help and sorry if this isnt related to your skin directly
(2014-03-10, 20:37)thrak76 Wrote: You may need to revert back to the default skin.

In your userdata folder there is an xml file titled. guisettings.xml. Open that with your favorite text editor - I recommend Notepad++. Search for the section with the lines for <lookandfeel>.
Under that section you see a line with <skin>skin.xperience1080plusplus</skin>. Erase the skin.xperience1080plusplus text, but leave <skin></skin>.
Save the .xml and restart XBMC. This will revert XBMC to the default skin.

As far as wrangling 1080++ to restore the "settings" section, I'm not sure. If you look through the guisettings.xml for the 1080++ section - <skinsettings>, you may be able to find a true/false statement that would bring it back. It may be easier just to uninstall 1080++ and start over though.

Thanks for your reply,

I think you misunderstood that i disabled settings, i did not, its still visible but unreachable or well i am unable to activate it via the metro interface as seen in the video Smile
I reverted back to the default skin and uninstalled xperience1080++ however after installing the skin again it still has the old settings and i have the same issue yet again.
I'll dig a little deeper this time trough the files and see if i can remove some.. extra.. things Big Grin
I don't believe just uninstalling the skin will actually change the guisettings.xml, and delete all the skinsettings entries.

If you have a pretty fresh xbmc install, then it might not be too painful to start with a fresh guisettings.xml. You can backup your current file by just renaming it to say... guisettings.BAK.xml. Then when you restart xbmc it will write a new guisettings.xml file and it will be default settings all over, with the default skin.
(2014-03-10, 21:47)thrak76 Wrote: I don't believe just uninstalling the skin will actually change the guisettings.xml, and delete all the skinsettings entries.

If you have a pretty fresh xbmc install, then it might not be too painful to start with a fresh guisettings.xml. You can backup your current file by just renaming it to say... guisettings.BAK.xml. Then when you restart xbmc it will write a new guisettings.xml file and it will be default settings all over, with the default skin.

Okay, i did delete the guisettings.xml, set the skin again, turned every home item off except Home, Movies and TV (settings isnt an option here) and it crashes, attempted to do it again from scratch, crashes again every time i press close to apply the settings.
the log uploader didnt do what i want so i put it on pastebin, hopefully this works for you too.
http://pastebin.com/gwijzBkb
Well, I'm at the end of my troubleshooting skills for skin-related errors. Hopefully im85288 will notice your issue and have a solution.
Btw, your log works fine, and I do notice some warnings and errors, but I have no idea what to do about it!
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9