• 7(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2013-06-15, 02:20)FREAKJAM Wrote: When using the darker variant, the font for updates (trakt sync etc) are not readible.
Is it possible to use a light font when using the dark variant, and a dark font when using the light variant?

Lovely mod btw. Kudos +1

Thanks FreakJam, I am not sure of exactly where you mean..however I have just made a fix for the fonts on the addons screens..where it was always being shown in grey. It may fix what you reported...if not can you post a screenshot, cheers.

@el_cabong - the circles for the home widgets were very nice, but ultimately flawed as the widgets were limited to a maximum of 6 items. I noticed for example with the ongoing tv shows that once I switched to the way it is now suddenly I could see that I was actually watching more that 6 tv shows altogether...so a nice feature..maybe I can add colours to it eventually but for now it will have to stay..but the alternate apps screen is back Big Grin
Added option to show colour progress indication on home screen - available on Github

-- uses the tile and border colours for the appropriate section

Hi I've downloaded latest commit from git and am unable to see in the view options the top250 right list view as shown in post #40. Is that view still available? or any right list view?

I have a playlist for the Top 250 but the view options don't change for that playlist.

Thanks for any assistance.
Thanks for the mod. With the default background the media flags and rating information is very difficult to read.
(2013-06-17, 15:23)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hi I've downloaded latest commit from git and am unable to see in the view options the top250 right list view as shown in post #40. Is that view still available? or any right list view?

I have a playlist for the Top 250 but the view options don't change for that playlist.

Hi, they are currently only available in the older mod (link at the bottom of the first post), however I do plan on bringing in the top250 view to this mod but probably not the right list view as the low list view is pretty similar.

(2013-06-17, 18:02)Slipx Wrote: Thanks for the mod. With the default background the media flags and rating information is very difficult to read.

Have you tried with a recent git version? I made a change in that area last night as I had noticed a problem..maybe it fixes it for you.
Added option to use darker panel background - available on Github

watch gallery

Adapted TV Channels Screen:

(2013-06-17, 18:17)im85288 Wrote: [quote='Kokonutcreme' pid='1445137' dateline='1371475428']
Hi I've downloaded latest commit from git and am unable to see in the view options the top250 right list view as shown in post #40. Is that view still available? or any right list view?

Quote:Hi, they are currently only available in the older mod (link at the bottom of the first post), however I do plan on bringing in the top250 view to this mod but probably not the right list view as the low list view is pretty similar.

Thanks for explaining and for the great mod.
Quote: Have you tried with a recent git version? I made a change in that area last night as I had noticed a problem..maybe it fixes it for you.

I was using the latest XperienceArctic1080plusplus repository but see now that you changed to repository to skin.xperience1080plusplus. Even with the new repository if I look at your screen shots below on the home page it still looks like you cannot read the media flags and rating information in the bottom left. I had the same problem with the low list view on my setup. Will update now and test.

Looks great !
Any way this arrives o te official repos ?
I'm really into auto-updates and generally diminished maintenance efforts (with a wife and a son, it's just the survival of the... optimized)
(edit: meanwhile I learnt it may not be allowed to post mods on offcial repo, which is a shame)
Great work! Now that you dropped the whitish style of the arctic mod and returned to the elegant and frameless design of the rainbow mod the skin feels more "grown up".
However, here are my comments as to things that still could need some improvement:

- Overall the skin needs more harmony with respect to font and menu colors. I would suggest defining two or three different shades of grey (light, middish and dark) plus the addition of white and/or black to use this hand full of colors all over the skin in all menus, views and fonts (perhaps in various combinations to get some diversification). This would bring an even more more elegant and consistent design
E.g. menus are light grey or black (when "darker menus" are selected), but the color of the List(banner)-view shows a white background for the description.

- In my opinion the darker menus are much too dark (almost black). I would use dark grey instead, whereas as the lighter menus are ok (light grey).

- Fonts of the home-menu items currently are middish grey. I would recommend using white or a darker gey (like the one for headlines/onscreen menu) and use the same color where ever dark grey is appropriate (e.g. as background for dark menus).

- The pictures menu currently is dark grey and remains like this regardless if regulare (light grey) menus or darker (black) menus are selected. It shoudl also adjust like the other menus.

- Fonts next to progress indicators on home screen are still caps wheras as all other fonts are not. Though they are readable enough it would be more consistent to use only one font style (perhaps in various sizes and colors) all over the mod.

- Landscape view color currently is dark grey with white text. It should adjust to the selected menu color.

- There seems to be a bug in the weather section when weather fanarts are selected and you try to scroll left/right (landscape-tiles are shifting in the background)

- I like the panel(banners)-view in TV-Series though it seems slightly overloaded with showing banners, covers and fanarts at the same time. Any chance to decrease the display size of the covers and fanarts slightly and to put more amphasis on the banners in order to be more focused on the actual selection of the tv-series?

So far from my end. Keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2013-06-18, 08:47)chareos Wrote: Looks great !
Any way this arrives o te official repos ?
I'm really into auto-updates and generally diminished maintenance efforts (with a wife and a son, it's just the survival of the... optimized)
(edit: meanwhile I learnt it may not be allowed to post mods on offcial repo, which is a shame)

Hi There, No unfortunately this mod will not be heading for the official repos...apart from it being a mod, there are other things like the sounds I re-added that would not make it to the official repository. A shame yes, maybe one day they will have a mods repo..which would make life easier for a lot of people

(2013-06-17, 23:04)Slipx Wrote:
Quote: Have you tried with a recent git version? I made a change in that area last night as I had noticed a problem..maybe it fixes it for you.

I was using the latest XperienceArctic1080plusplus repository but see now that you changed to repository to skin.xperience1080plusplus. Even with the new repository if I look at your screen shots below on the home page it still looks like you cannot read the media flags and rating information in the bottom left. I had the same problem with the low list view on my setup. Will update now and test.

Hi Slipx, I look forward to your feedback on this one as its not something I really noticed.

(2013-06-18, 13:26)fantasticn Wrote: Great work! Now that you dropped the whitish style of the arctic mod and returned to the elegant and frameless design of the rainbow mod the skin feels more "grown up".
However, here are my comments as to things that still could need some improvement:

- Overall the skin needs more harmony with respect to font and menu colors. I would suggest defining two or three different shades of grey (light, middish and dark) plus the addition of white and/or black to use this hand full of colors all over the skin in all menus, views and fonts (perhaps in various combinations to get some diversification). This would bring an even more more elegant and consistent design
E.g. menus are light grey or black (when "darker menus" are selected), but the color of the List(banner)-view shows a white background for the description.

- In my opinion the darker menus are much too dark (almost black). I would use dark grey instead, whereas as the lighter menus are ok (light grey).

- Fonts of the home-menu items currently are middish grey. I would recommend using white or a darker gey (like the one for headlines/onscreen menu) and use the same color where ever dark grey is appropriate (e.g. as background for dark menus).

- The pictures menu currently is dark grey and remains like this regardless if regulare (light grey) menus or darker (black) menus are selected. It shoudl also adjust like the other menus.

- Fonts next to progress indicators on home screen are still caps wheras as all other fonts are not. Though they are readable enough it would be more consistent to use only one font style (perhaps in various sizes and colors) all over the mod.

- Landscape view color currently is dark grey with white text. It should adjust to the selected menu color.

- There seems to be a bug in the weather section when weather fanarts are selected and you try to scroll left/right (landscape-tiles are shifting in the background)

- I like the panel(banners)-view in TV-Series though it seems slightly overloaded with showing banners, covers and fanarts at the same time. Any chance to decrease the display size of the covers and fanarts slightly and to put more amphasis on the banners in order to be more focused on the actual selection of the tv-series?

So far from my end. Keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

FantasticN, once again great analysis ( I guess you should be a system tester Big Grin)... I have not got the time currently to go through all the points you mentioned, but I will come back to them sometime. The pictures background will be changed to the white and black to be consistent and I may introduce a middle grey level..I'll have a play with the darker panels too to see if a dark grey is better. Thanks again!

EDIT - pictures view now corrected for both white and black panels

(2013-06-19, 11:41)im85288 Wrote: FantasticN, once again great analysis ( I guess you should be a system tester Big Grin)... I have not got the time currently to go through all the points you mentioned, but I will come back to them sometime. The pictures background will be changed to the white and black to be consistent and I may introduce a middle grey level..I'll have a play with the darker panels too to see if a dark grey is better. Thanks again!

EDIT - pictures view now corrected for both white and black panels

Hi im85288,

another thank you for the compliment. But it is you who is doing the great job and it is us who are just criticising you all day for the result :-)
But since you are very open to suggestions and have always welcome our comments and you deliver such fast response I think you have deserved a detailied examination of your work. Anyways, ever since you implemented the pictures section and the music video support and melted the views of the artic mod with the basis of the rainbow-version your mod has become the most advanced modification of the amazing Xperience-Skin that is currently available (not to forget that the Xperience-Skin itself already is the most impressive and innovative skin for XBMC currently available). So that is another reason why it is worth to have a closer look at it and give feedback.

Now as to the color issue I once again compared your current mod with the old "plusplus"-version (which was based just on the rainbow-mod) and I once again have to admit that I feel more harmony in color structure of that older version. So if it comes to finding orientation I would recommend using that "older" version for the basic color concept - which does not mean that some alternations or especially optional changes (like "dark menus"-switch, "show darker background"-switch etc.) should not be possible.

Another thing: I just recently added cleararts and logos to my movies and tv-series using Artwork Downloader (and cdART Manager for Music) and now I am very excited about these addition. It somehow adds an even more professional touch to the skin if appalied the right way. You should maybe try to make more use of these "gadgets" in some of the views. Also the logo could be placed on top of the screen, since in most views there is enough space wheras on the lower section a lot of infos (video resolution, pg-rating) are already displayed.

However, it should be the goal to reach a very "professional" look (like the skin of some standalone device) which needs a straight and clear layout, a consistens color and fonts system and the right balance between nice effects and displayable items on the one side and purity and functionality on the other. But to me it seems you are not far from reaching this goal.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: Just realized that popup-messages during movie playback (I use a plugin to display incoming phone calls) are too dark to read (black box with dark grey fonts)
(2013-06-19, 14:22)fantasticn Wrote: Edit: Just realized that popup-messages during movie playback (I use a plugin to display incoming phone calls) are too dark to read (black box with dark grey fonts)

i noticed this as well using psuedoTV plugin when the next tv show is about to start.

also, since you updated to the color markers on the home screen widgets. the one in the movies section has no markers visible.. the other ones work as expected with new colors set.
Anyone else having problems with the weather section?[/i] If I try access the 10 day forecast I get horrible overlapping. Something broken there.
Hi All,

Been very busy so not much time to do any updates...I made some quick fixes for the showing of the flags with the darker background selected, also the popup messages should now be readable. Finally I updated the programs list view for the darker panels.

I aim to have a look at all the reports in the next few days.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9