• 47(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2014-04-21, 22:05)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 21:26)mbc0 Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question but isn't this the 1080++ forum? Where did this eminence come from? Is is part of 1080++?

I have just tried eminence and much prefer it to 1080++ for my mediabrowser server connection but would like to know it's development status please? is it replacing 1080++ an alongside project? same devs?

Sorry so many questions but really would like to know as I have 6 clients around the house and want to remain uniformity across all and don't want to install something that will not be developed (as I have already found the EPG search function does not work)

Thank you though so much for developing this to enable very grateful users like me to be able to access their MB3 Servers within XBMC :-)

Nope not a dumb question at all! Eminence is a Work In Progress skin designed by jurialmunkey..he makes some good skins such as Arctic and now Eminence. I too much prefer it to 1080++ so decided to MB3 it! So yup I'd switch to that too if I were you as I intend only on modding that version from now on. Ps the latest xbmb3c(version 0.9.0) has a cool search feature in. PPs if you enable the option to use custom widgets it uses your next up/ latest movies as a sort of widget background..,very very nice skin and about a third the size of this one do performs really well. Not sure where to put feedback on my version of it yet so if you do access the MB3 forums you'll see I have a thread on it there

Thank you for your reply, sorry but I did not see it before my last post! :-D

Where do I get 0.90 from? I can only see 0.85

Will have a play with those custom widgets :-D and heading over to the MB3 forum now....
(2014-04-21, 22:06)mbc0 Wrote: Hi,

I have spent some time playing with the eminence skin connected to my mediabrowser 3 server and absolutely love the look!

I am on Gotham Beta 4,
XBMBC3 0.86 (Downloaded from the zip in this forum, if I look at the changelog it only shows 0.85 though?)
I downloaded the skin from the repository a few hours ago but cannot find a version number?

Just a couple of questions though please :-)

1, Watched Status is not shown for episodes/movies? If I change to 1080++ they are there again?
2, XBMC menu click sounds do not work in this skin?
3, when in skin settings I unable to add network location for custom video playlist? I want to create a tile that is linked to all my videos on my server
4, when I click an actor, no results are found? even if someone like Harrison Ford! (This is something the family use alot!)

Thank you for your great work! :-D

Thanks 1 is fixed now, it was just a problem with my package.
2 . Yes no sounds at all...but that's really easy to change/rectify
3. Do you mean add a Video Node? If so yes I noticed this too..on the todo list
4. Yeah I noticed similar problems..hopefully as the skin develops this will be rectified.
Hey there,

perhaps someone can tell me why I should use MB3 in the first place (instead of the XBMC standard solution)?

Regards,

Bert
(2014-04-22, 08:57)bertbeukema Wrote: Hey there,

perhaps someone can tell me why I should use MB3 in the first place (instead of the XBMC standard solution)?

Regards,

Bert

Basically because the XBMC library (in it's best form imho) is MySQL and lacking in many features such as automatic updating, and well anything other than just data storage, several people have stepped up and provided solutions, XBMB3C is a plugin that allows you to use the MediaCenter3 library instead. The main advantage here, for me anyway, is that the MC3 library is updated as soon as a file is dropped into place, where as XBMC needs a lengthy (depending on library size) update every time.

MB3 is a kinda of rival solution to XBMC, and whilst it excels in library management the client end isn't as well supported or customiseable as XBMC, so this hybrid has come about that requires special skins to wrangle.
(2014-04-22, 09:22)OFark Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 08:57)bertbeukema Wrote: Hey there,

Regards,

Bert

Basically because the XBMC library (in it's best form imho) is MySQL and lacking in many features such as automatic updating, and well anything other than just data storage, several people have stepped up and provided solutions, XBMB3C is a plugin that allows you to use the MediaCenter3 library instead. The main advantage here, for me anyway, is that the MC3 library is updated as soon as a file is dropped into place, where as XBMC needs a lengthy (depending on library size) update every time.

MB3 is a kinda of rival solution to XBMC, and whilst it excels in library management the client end isn't as well supported or customiseable as XBMC, so this hybrid has come about that requires special skins to wrangle.

Hmmm, okay that makes some sense. But as far as I can see looking at MB3 (and Plex) is that you need a backend server. I'm simply using a NAS as my storage compartment whereas I have a frontend HTPC machine that's driven by OpenElec 4 + XBMC. It's a simple configuration, I don't think it would work with MB3/Plex?

Regards,

Bert
No, not really. Especially if your HTPC is doing the acquisition of media too. It can then issue notifications to itself. External library management is only really necessary when you have another machine either storing your media or as another client.
The cool thing about MB3 IMO is the way it manages media and shares it. Basically I have a similar setup to you in that all my media is on one NAS. The difference for me is I have another PC in the house running the MB3 server which is the only place I needed to configure which were my Movie, TV Shows, Music etc

For example the other day I reinstalled OpenElec from scratch to start a fresh so to speak. Now because all the data is made available via the MB3 server all I needed to do was install this skin (well Eminenence now) and turn on Media Browser mode..2 seconds later my Movies/Tv Shows/Ongoing TV/Music etc was showing up and ready to use. There was no need for adding video sources or scraping artwork from the artwork downloader. Things like your watched status are always synched to the MB3 server too meaning you can pick up wherever you like from whatever client you like. You may have seen earlier in the thread I have a Roku MB3++ client that like XBMC displays the data from your MB3 server...this was a cheap (less than 50 dollars) way of getting boxes into the kids rooms and allowing them to have their own user profiles on MB3...the list could go on and on..like being able to watch on your iPad/iphone/android device..using the web client to remote control xbmc, built in DLNA so you can throw your media to devices such as smart tbs, xbox one etc...many many features

Like OFark I agree though that the MB3 client (At least the flagship one is not so great and relies on a windows set up)..using a well integrated xbmc skin allows for the best of both worlds.
Hi all. I've just stumbled across this skin being fairly new to XMBC. It's beautiful and exactly what I was looking for.
Just a quick question I have after installing. I've looked through most of this thread and cant seem to find an answer.

Is it possible to use online addons to generate the content in the widgets??
Basically, I use little to no local content. I get all my Movies/TV shows/Music etc from addons like GoMovies, 1 channel etc.
At the moment the Widgets are not loading as I don't have any local content. What can I do to pull information from elsewhere?

Many thanks.
Sorry double post :-(

(2014-04-22, 09:30)OFark Wrote: No, not really. Especially if your HTPC is doing the acquisition of media too. It can then issue notifications to itself. External library management is only really necessary when you have another machine either storing your media or as another client.

Hmm, but this implies that the server should be running 24/7, my front end HTPC is mostly on suspend. Did some checking on MB3 but it seems it won't work on my read-only OpenElec machine. I don't want to install XBMCbuntu because it's a hassle and the XBMC software runs very nicely with OpenElec. Too bad ;-).
I really like this skin, is there anyway to make it more raspberry pi friendly?

thanks
Im85288 friend, I'm still having the problem instead of just showing the cover of the movie ... no use scraper ... do not know if the naming is used ...

Structure of files

see it seems that this artdownloa not saving the files in the movie folder ...
This folder has all priority writing!
Quote:-- alternate OSD selectable - options are original Xperience1080 or Alaska or Arctic

I suppose this will be Gotham only?
Is there a way to customize for myself?

Actually I'm using or, at least have to use it, Frodo until "Yatse" for android supports XBMC Gotham :/
Im trying to reproduce the look and feel of Xperience1080 with the overall dark theme. There is a great and plenty variety of customizing options in the ++ theme. A few minor things still missing.

However, thank you so much for constantly working on this theme.
To be honest: I really do not like "all" the other themes for XBMC. I don't know why...Xperience1080 is the only one that does it for me.

Cheers
sorry about the dumb question and is not strictly to do with the skin but I see it a lot on the skin showcase pics and on others. How do you get Live TV to work especially with sky channels. I am in the UK and have a Sky subscription and would LOVE to be able to watch it through xbmc the same way it is shown the showcase pics.

if you could point me in the direction of the appropriate thread(s) with useful tips for hardware / software I would be most appreciated

Sorry about the non relevant post but as I said I have seen it alot in the screen shots of this skin and others when the skinner / creater / designer is showcasing the skin.
Hey guys,

found a bug (i think) in the 1080++ skin. When I load the favourites (lower left button) it's impossible to edit / delete them. When I click on the [c] button it just shows a clear & empty screen.
Only thing I can do is backspace to the favorites overview screen.

Regards,

Bert
(2014-04-25, 12:58)bertbeukema Wrote: Hey guys,

found a bug (i think) in the 1080++ skin. When I load the favourites (lower left button) it's impossible to edit / delete them.

Hey, unfortunately I can't confirm that. May it caused by other addons and you can locate this bug
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9