Linux Openelec IR USB
(2013-05-25, 16:59)calev Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 23:14)teaguecl Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 19:49)BerndVP Wrote: Is there no IR receiver without a remote ?!

Flirc, as someone else recommended. It really is a phenomenal product, which does much more than the MCE receiver (or any other IR receiver). It eliminates the need for an IR protocol stack, as well as key-mapping software. It's only potential drawback is that it must be visible, so you need to have line of sight to the USB port it's plugged into.

Im not saying Flirc is not better, im just saying there is nothing that a harmomy remote and a mce receiver cant do together that a flirc and harmony remote can do together. And also the build quality is better with mce receivers and for less money.

With Flirc you have more flexibility compared to using the MCE receiver. If you wanted more control you can set the Flirc receiver to receive full keyboard commands. The MCE receiver is limited, but still works for basic use.

hey guys,

new here, but was wondering if anyone knows if Flirc or the MCE receivers are able to receive keyboard commands via IR? in this case, for XBMC i would like to get to the Audio settings or turn on/off subtitles whilst watching a film using my remote.
My current IR receiver cant do this so i have to dig out my keyboard to enable subtitles, which isnt ideal i guess.

Cheers
(2013-05-25, 11:38)PV_XBMC Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 22:52)solamnic Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 20:30)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Not usually, and the ones that come without are usually the same price as one with a remote

I use this one

Plug n play for OpenELEC, but you can also use the harmony to send commands to the receiver. Sleep wake from the power button works for my openelec box

Sleep - wake... but no Power on from power off?

I could Power on from S5 with Asrock H77M-ITX and http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Windo...s=vrc-1100 connected to rear USB 2.0 out of the box.

Hi are you able to tell me if you had to configure the bios any way ? I have the harmony 900 with h77m-itx with flirt usb be adapter cannot power on but my dinovo mini blue tooth can power it up.
(2013-05-24, 23:14)teaguecl Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 19:49)BerndVP Wrote: Is there no IR receiver without a remote ?!

Flirc, as someone else recommended. It really is a phenomenal product, which does much more than the MCE receiver (or any other IR receiver). It eliminates the need for an IR protocol stack, as well as key-mapping software. It's only potential drawback is that it must be visible, so you need to have line of sight to the USB port it's plugged into.

+1 on the FLIRC, however I would add that line of sight is not necessary. The dongle is so sensitive that it will work in many partially hidden situations. I have mine plugged into the backside of my ChromeBox, and that unit is inside the middle cabinet of my media cabinet with only about 1" or air space to the top of the unit and each side (It shares space with a couple of other devices). As long as the wood door is at least 1/3 of the way slid open, the FLIRC works perfectly. It's a brilliantly designed dongle.

I will add too that if you go with the FLIRC, make sure that you set the "sleep mode" bit when programming it otherwise absolutely any IR light will wake your box from suspend.

Jeff

(2014-01-03, 18:56)spanner5351 Wrote: hey guys,

new here, but was wondering if anyone knows if Flirc or the MCE receivers are able to receive keyboard commands via IR? in this case, for XBMC i would like to get to the Audio settings or turn on/off subtitles whilst watching a film using my remote.
My current IR receiver cant do this so i have to dig out my keyboard to enable subtitles, which isnt ideal i guess.

Cheers

The FLIRC can be programmed to emulate an entire keyboard.

Jeff

Cheers

if you don't have a programmable remote (eg, Harmony), you can simply map an unused remote button to toggle subtitles via keymap.xml.
Hi Guys,
i have recently purchased the flirc in the event it can work with my harmony 900 to power it on, however when i press the xbmc atcivity my harmony turns on everything else but my xbmc box. funny enough when i am in xbmc the harmony remote works flawless.

Htpc build:
H77m-itx
with harmony 900 gotham 13.1

Any ideas ?

thanks
w
(2014-07-15, 02:17)wrk13s Wrote: Hi Guys,
i have recently purchased the flirc in the event it can work with my harmony 900 to power it on, however when i press the xbmc atcivity my harmony turns on everything else but my xbmc box. funny enough when i am in xbmc the harmony remote works flawless.

Htpc build:
H77m-itx
with harmony 900 gotham 13.1

Any ideas ?

thanks
w

looks like that board has USB3 ports only, so you'll need to use my custom OpenELEC ChromeBox build, which has wake from suspend enabled from USB3 (xhci) ports, whereas the standard OpenELEC build does not. See info in link in sig. You'll also want to setup Flirc to only power on when a certain key is pressed (powertoggle) otherwise it will wake when it sees any IR signal
Hi thanks for getting back to me my board has usb 2.0 ports, which i am currently using but i will look into your sig,

Cheers

A standard MCE RC6 remote has the "#" button mapped to cycle through audio tracks, and the "*" button to cycle through subtitles in OpenElec - from memory. (Previously the Teletext button - present only on European MCE remotes - used to cycle through subtitles, now it enables teletext - or it may be that this key mapping changes when you enable Live TV, and have a teletext source available - I'm not sure)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec IR USB0