• 22(current)
Bugs and Suggestions
@taurus35
I can't reproduce this. Both in library and info windows the poster are populated by the same infotag. This is almost the same in Bello and Estuary...

Bello 8 variable...
https://github.com/Nessus85100/skin.bell...s.xml#L528

Estuary variable...
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Matrix...s.xml#L214

You can try to rebuild your library by removing first all your Movies & TV Shows video sources, delete the MyVideos119.db file and then add again the sources and scan from the locally stored infos.

Keep in mind that in any newly created library, Kodi needs some time of use to cache all the artworks.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,

Thanks for looking into this & your reply.

I have experimented a bit more with different drives connected & disconnected.

Any movie that has been added either by scanning to the library normally or by refreshing an existing movie that wasn't displaying correctly, will always show all information correctly in both the library screen & the info screen.
Any movie that is on a connected drive will show all information correctly in both the library screen & the info screen.
Any movie that is on a drive that is not connected & was imported using exported info, poster art & fanart will show poster art in the library but not in the info screen. Fanart shows in both views always.

I have checked 30 movies with the drive disconnected to confirm no poster art is showing in the info screen. Connected the drive, going into the info screen for the same 30 movies & the poster art was there instantly. Waited for a second or so for the extra info to appear & did that for all 30 movies. All Poster art appeared without issue. I then disconnected the drive & went into the 30 movies again & the Poster art was NOT populating again. So the problem is only happening on imported movies from local files & doesn't appear to be a caching issue related to giving time & viewing for each file.

I have also switched to Estuary & that seems to be behaving in exactly the same way......so maybe a Kodi bug?

Edit: I have installed Arctic Zephyr: Reloaded & that is generating poster art for the library view & the info view if the external drives are disconnected.

Cheers
Hi Nessus,

I just setup Kodi 19.5 with your lovely Bello 8 skin and ran into something I am not sure what could be causing it.

When I select a movie (goes to Info by default) and click the PLAY button at the top of the Info page, the movie starts as expected.
However the same PLAY button throws me back to the list of episodes, when playing a TV show episode from the Info page.

I guess the code in green does at is supposed to, but I cannot figure out why it would work on movies and not the same for TV shows.
From DialogVideoInfo.xml;

<control type="button" id="88">
                    <description>Play/Browse/Close</description>
                    <label>$VAR[PlayBrowseButtonLabel]</label>
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <onclick>$VAR[CustomClickForMoreLists]</onclick>
                    <include>TopMenuButton</include>
                </control>

It is a fresh install without any customisation, but maybe you have a pointer for me to look at?
Thanks in advance!

Richard
By the way, I noticed that you did not have a Dutch translation for the skin yet, but the link for adding that seems broken.
So, instead, here's the link to the Dutch PO file: link

Cheers, Richard
Hey there,

I haven't used Kodi in years but I now have a new setup and remembered using this skin. Glad it's still around Smile

I do have a question/suggestion right away though:
In the Now Playing screen for music it is possible to show either (animated) Artist Fanart, or the Visualisation.
Am I missing something or is there no way to show both? On the default skin I was using the Matrix Visualisation on top of (animated) Artist Fanart and it worked great, so I'm a little surprised.

Also one thing I noticed and not sure if this is intentional: In the Music library after selecting an artist (i.e. the Albums listing) the "Tiles" view shows the artist's fanart for every entry instead of simply showing the album cover. I think this might be inherited from the Artists list where that kind of makes sense.
Also in the "Thumbnails" view the D-Pad Up (on a controller, I assume the same is true for Up-Arrow on a keyboard) goes to he last item in the list, whereas every other horizontal-type-view goes to the settings menu, which is unintuitive.

In the Track listing for an album, would it also be possible to show the Disc number for multi-disc albums? Either as a sort-of-category-separator on the list (which would go nice with a disc title if available, although I don't know whether Kodi even reads these), or just prepended to the tracknumber?

Side note: Noticed a Typo in the Views Menu for Movies: One of the bottom ones is called Netfilx instead of Netflix. Funny though because when selected it shows correctly as selected view in the Options menu Big Grin
(2023-11-06, 16:18)mihawk90 Wrote: In the Now Playing screen for music it is possible to show either (animated) Artist Fanart, or the Visualisation.
Am I missing something or is there no way to show both? On the default skin I was using the Matrix Visualisation on top of (animated) Artist Fanart and it worked great, so I'm a little surprised.
Press enter to bring the top menu in Now Playing screen and select "Settings" or the gear icon if you are in the Simple OSD layout.

(2023-11-06, 16:18)mihawk90 Wrote: Also one thing I noticed and not sure if this is intentional: In the Music library after selecting an artist (i.e. the Albums listing) the "Tiles" view shows the artist's fanart for every entry instead of simply showing the album cover. I think this might be inherited from the Artists list where that kind of makes sense.
The "Tiles" view is not available in Album level. I can't remember if it was available in Bello 8 but in Bello 9 is not.

(2023-11-06, 16:18)mihawk90 Wrote: Also in the "Thumbnails" view the D-Pad Up (on a controller, I assume the same is true for Up-Arrow on a keyboard) goes to he last item in the list, whereas every other horizontal-type-view goes to the settings menu, which is unintuitive.
All views (horizontal or vertical type) have this as a secondary easy way to access the options menu. It makes perfectly sense to me.

(2023-11-06, 16:18)mihawk90 Wrote: In the Track listing for an album, would it also be possible to show the Disc number for multi-disc albums? Either as a sort-of-category-separator on the list (which would go nice with a disc title if available, although I don't know whether Kodi even reads these), or just prepended to the tracknumber?
I am not that much of user of the Music section in Kodi and i don't have any multidisc albums. If you send me some screens from other skins or Bello mockups i will see what i can do.

(2023-11-06, 16:18)mihawk90 Wrote: Side note: Noticed a Typo in the Views Menu for Movies: One of the bottom ones is called Netfilx instead of Netflix. Funny though because when selected it shows correctly as selected view in the Options menu Big Grin
Xexexe... great spoting!. This must be ther for years 😜

Cheers
Nessus
Hey nessus,

thanks for the response.
Quote:Press enter to bring the top menu in Now Playing screen and select "Settings" or the gear icon if you are in the Simple OSD layout.
I know where the menu is, but what I mean is that the selection is a radio-button-type selection where I can choose a visualisation, or a Fanart (or Slideshow), i.e. if I choose "Artist Fanart" it disables the Visualisation and vice versa. I was wondering if it was possible to overlay the two (akin to how the default Estuary skin does it) and I just missed it, or if it just wasn't possible.
Quote:The "Tiles" view is not available in Album level. I can't remember if it was available in Bello 8 but in Bello 9 is not.
I'm on Bello 9.0.5 and Tiles are available all the way down to the Tracklisting 🤔:

In the Tracklisting it doesn't make much sense to choose it anyway so I didn't even check there, but I was referring to the album listing anyway, i.e. after opening the artist:
Would be much more useful to see the album covers there, akin to the Thumbnails view Big Grin
Quote:All views (horizontal or vertical type) have this as a secondary easy way to access the options menu. It makes perfectly sense to me.
I wasn't meaning to say it doesn't make sense (because it absolutely does), but rather that the handling was different between views.
However, I just realised I had a bit of a brain lag there. Thumbnail view isn't actually a horizontal view as I thought, the artist that I tested with just happened to not fill the first row so there was no second row, which made it appear as if it was a horizontal view. So that's my bad, sorry Big Grin
Quote:I am not that much of user of the Music section in Kodi and i don't have any multidisc albums. If you send me some screens from other skins or Bello mockups i will see what i can do.
Now that you say that I don't actually know if any skin does this at all, I'll have to check that (again it might be that Kodi isn't even providing this info? not sure).
(2023-11-22, 16:12)mihawk90 Wrote: I know where the menu is, but what I mean is that the selection is a radio-button-type selection where I can choose a visualisation, or a Fanart (or Slideshow), i.e. if I choose "Artist Fanart" it disables the Visualisation and vice versa. I was wondering if it was possible to overlay the two (akin to how the default Estuary skin does it) and I just missed it, or if it just wasn't possible.
I see... well is possible but it's not available in Bello. If i remember correctly i tested a long time a go when i was adding these options and i didn't like at all and check in it again in the Estuary... turns out that i was right. IMO all the visualisations look better without any other background stuff. When i sue them i even disable the scrolling letters and the diffuse colors options. Sorry but this will stay like it is. If you want it for your personal use you need to get your hands dirty with the code here and here.

(2023-11-22, 16:12)mihawk90 Wrote: The "Tiles" view is not available in Album level. I can't remember if it was available in Bello 8 but in Bello 9 is not.

(2023-11-22, 16:12)mihawk90 Wrote: I'm on Bello 9.0.5 and Tiles are available all the way down to the Tracklisting 🤔:

In the Tracklisting it doesn't make much sense to choose it anyway so I didn't even check there, but I was referring to the album listing anyway, i.e. after opening the artist:
Yep... you are right. My mistake. They still there. I was pretty sure that i remove them. Although they are useful in same content cases, Tiles View since it uses fanart or logo or landscape as a thumb  in music section should be available only in artist section. I don't know... maybe i will keep like that. What you all guys think?

(2023-11-22, 16:12)mihawk90 Wrote: Would be much more useful to see the album covers there, akin to the Thumbnails view Big Grin
That's not an option. Like i said above since Tiles View it uses landscape ratio thumb (fanart/logo/landscape), i will not add a square thumb to a landscape placeholder and turn the whole view to a square thumb it will need to create a new view with much-much less space for info. I will do some tests but i think will not look good.

In any case thank you for your suggestions and remarks.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi, I was using Eminence since a wild, but I discovered the BELLO 9 skin, and I love it, good job!

Well, not sure if that's an issue, perhaps I just need an explanation.

In video information screen, video characteristics, I often find as 1st characteristic "3D", especially for shows episodes (knowing that it's not 3D video at all)...
and I also notice I have 1080 instead of 1080p or FHD, or 720 instead of 720p or HD.

So, please, could you explain to me where this information is coming from?  and where I can change the tex (1080, 720, ...)

it's bad because, in show episodes list, it's this characteristic which is shown. for each episode.

By the way, what is the xml page for the show list? I would like to change the information, indeed, video quality is always the same for each episode, so useless from my point of view, I will try to put rating instead.

And at least, there is a little glitch in "Addon Description" French translation: "Il s'agit de la 8ème génération..."  → "Il s'agit de la 9ème génération..."  (8 instead of 9)
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions5