Short F.A.Q *** READ BEFORE POSTING ***

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
This is a short FAQ of the skin. It will updated frequently and depending on users questions. If you think something should be added please let know.

Q: Where is my mouse pointer ?
A: Mouse usage is not supported in Bello. Please disable it from Settings > System > Input Devices > Enable mouse and touch screen support.

Q: What's the difference between XBMC official repo version and GitHub version ?
A: Official repo always has the latest stable release for the current XBMC version. GitHub will have all the latest updates which they are not yet pushed to the official repo. The update cycle of the official repo it will be approximately every month.

Q: How can i install this skin ?
A: You can install the skin automatically or manual. Automatic install can be done through XBMC Add-ons system. Go to Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Bello > Install. Any script dependencies that the skin requires will automatically be downloaded and installed (if they are not already installed in your system). You can do an automatic install also from GitHub. Download the skin, go to Add-ons > Install from zip file and select the downloaded skin zip file. If for any reason you wanna do a completely manual install follow the steps bellow :
• Uninstall any prior installed versions of the skin and delete any leftover folders and files from your addons folder.
• Create a folder named "skin.bello" in your addons folder
• Download the skin from GitHub and extract the contains (keep skin's folder structure) to the above created folder "skin.bello".
• Make sure you have the following scripts (available on XBMC mirrors) installed:
- service.skin.widgets v0.0.25
- script.favourites v4.0.9
- script.tvtunes v3.0.6
- script.tv.show.next.aired v5.0.6
- script.artwork.downloader v12.0.15
- script.globalsearch v1.1.1
- script.artistslideshow v1.5.0
- script.playalbum v0.1.3
- Library Editor script (not yet on the official repo)
- Metadata Actors script (not yet on the official repo)
- Extended Info script (not yet on the official repo)
• Done

Q: How do i install a new theme ?
A: Just place the theme .xbt file in skin's media/ folder. A Blue Theme made by Montellese is available at Bello main thread in Extra Downloads or you can click here to find out how to create your own theme.

Q: Why there no sounds in the skin ?
A: Never like them and never use them. Sorry. If you want to add your sounds check the sounds.xml in skin's sounds/ folder for how you can add them.

Q: How can i add a custom entry on Home menu ?
A: First add the item that you want to Favourites. Then go to Skin Settings > Home Window > Custom Home Buttons and select the desirable item from the opened window. If the selected item is a playlist you will be prompt if you want to play the playlist or just browse it. If you want to change the name of any custom button, hit the "Backspace" key while you are focused in the button you want to change.

Q: I've found a bug! What should I do ?
A: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165521

Cheers
Nessus
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-05 17:29 by nessus.)
find quote
hydn Offline
"If you want to change the name of any custom button, hit the "Backspace" key while you are focused in the button you want to change."

I tried the "Backspace" over and over. I want to rename "Video Add-ons" to "Video". I added it to favorites then added it to Custom Button 1, but backspace does not work. It just take me back to previous mention. I'm using a QWERTY keyboard.

Is that a way to maybe just rename the "Add-ons" home menu option?

I've been searching for 4 hours to change this and finally signed up to post.
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-18 15:42 by hydn.)
find quote
peppe_sr Offline
Fan
Just tried, it works for me. Added a favourite (from context menù), set as "custom button 1" in skin settings
From home i positioned on the new voice hit backspace ad renamed the items.
Bello 1.5.5
Peppe
find quote