I can't deal with this software
Dfergatl am I right in saying your xbmc machine is not a dedicated media pc? If so, you should rethink. don't use the pc for anything else. Consider a separate small pc with openelec.
@saitoh183

Wow, that sounds interesting. While I am no baby in the geek department, I don't have any idea how to do what you did. Sounds great though.

@nickr

Currently it is a dedicated laptop. If I can ever get things working and stable I will then build a HTPC specifically for XBMC. The reason I am with windows is that I want to be able to play all my DVD and BlueRay disks using this same system. To do that I need something like PowerDVD and as far as i know there is no equivalent in Linux. Please correct me if I am wrong and I will download openelec and give it a run.
(2013-05-25, 00:11)DFergATL Wrote: @saitoh183

Wow, that sounds interesting. While I am no baby in the geek department, I don't have any idea how to do what you did. Sounds great though.

Well if your interested we can chat in PM. About your movies that dont work, can you try them and post a log?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
You can try openelec without affecting windows - install it on a usb stick and boot from that. Xbmc certainly plays dvds and many blurays, although I haven't specifically tried bluray on openelec. I do prefer to rip my media though. Keep the silver diskks in a cupboard away from kids animals and dirt.
@anyone who can answer. Before I try openelc. I am using a Tivo Slide as my remote. I have LM Remote Keymap software that allows me to use it in xbmc. can this be done in openelc? I looked at the website but can't seem to find an answer.

@saitoh183

I am going to send my weekend do a complete rebuild of my system using either Windows or openelc. After that I want to what you are doing.
I got on the openelc irc chat and the answer I got for tivo slide was it would work if there was an xbmc addon for it. The only xbmc addon for a remote I have ever seen is for a WMC remote. Is that right?
@anyone.

I was trying to work with this again. I did a reinstall from scratch on my windows laptop. I remembered that I had used Freebase to scape my music so I tried it again with disastorus results. I have a complete debug with debugging turned on. Can somoeone take a look please.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21849
(2013-05-25, 02:40)pigfeetlee Wrote: I've tried everything I can on fixing my 1 channel and all I keep getting is a script error plugin can anybody help me
Read the forum rules or risk a ban.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr

I reorganized my favorite music. But, still can't get as good a scan as i did 2 1/2 months ago. This goes back to the freebase issue that I posted a log for. All of the ones I can't get are clearly there on Freebase, but the Freebase scraper is not working.

Also I downloaded and tried Picard to clean up my id3 tags but it isn't helping. I can get it to scan and tell me all the things that are wrong, but i can't for the life of me fix any of it. Can you recommend something?

edit: I might be making progress with Picard, please stand by.

edit2: False alarm, made some progress with Picard, but very little. Over it now.
OMG!!

I have spent my whole night working on just music, AGAIN! I did everything I was asked. I put all my files in order, I used Media Monkey and fixed all my id tags. I spent two hours manually fixing id tags that Media Monkey had a hard time with. Then I went and added my music back to my XBMC library. Tried to scrape it using "Universal Music Scrapper" guess what?? THE DAMN SOFTWARE CRASHES!! HOURS AND HOURS OF WORK AND IT IS EVEN WORSE THEN BEFORE!!

I got home from work at 6pm and started working on this. It is now 1:45 in the morning. 7 hours and 45min I have been working on this, just to have the software crash on me. That is after having worked a full 8 hour day at work.
I don't use XBMC for music - I am a Squeezebox man. Don't see the point of having the TV on to play music. So sorry I can't help you.

I did use XBMC for a small but important task of music for a relation's wedding and it was all good, including scraping/tagging. Perhaps PEBKAC?

And please don't shout.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21911

Log file, I don't hold out much hope of this ever working. I will not touch XBMC again until somone takes a look at the two log files I have uploaded and

1. Can tell me why Freebase will not scrape a single thing, how to fix it if it can be.
2. Why after having spent almost 8 hours reorganizing my music . Hours fixing tags. I now can't scrape my library at all without crashing XBMC.

This is the end of my rope with this software.

Also XBMC has created a number of dmp files. I have no idea how to upload those.

To everyone who tried to help. Thank You. But, I have removed XBMC and have no intention of ever using it again. So, don't worry about the log files.
Confession time, most of us don't use it for music, so it's a neglected area.

Movies, awesome. TV shows, awesome. Music.... XBMC plays music?
If I had to guess I would have to say your problems are related to your addons. You said you did a fresh install, why did you then install backup, ace skin, artwork downloader, hulu .... before getting the basics working? Or did they just appear after install?? For a clean install you need to delete c:\users\username\roaming\xbmc directory before reinstalling to get rid of the accumulated garbage. Also I'm not a big fan of Windows 8 so I'm not sure what that does to the xbmc experience. I can say that I use xbmc regularly for music without issues.

If you really want to "pack up your toys and go home" then I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you but in the troubleshooting process you really want to start with a clean install and worry about the bells and whistles after you get the base system set up
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I've had no problems scraping my music using the Universal Scraper for Music Albums... sounds like it might be worth giving this "Freebase" addon the swerve.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can't deal with this software3