I can't deal with this software
I don't get any errors. It just plays about 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. My driver is less then 6mo old. I have downloaded VLC and it works fine. I downloaded Divix and it works fine. Windows Media Player and XBMC will not play the files.

Where the hell is an amiga/datatype when the frack I need it??
(2013-05-26, 08:03)DFergATL Wrote: I don't get any errors. It just plays about 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. My driver is less then 6mo old. I have downloaded VLC and it works fine. I downloaded Divix and it works fine. Windows Media Player and XBMC will not play the files.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-26, 08:08)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 08:03)DFergATL Wrote: I don't get any errors. It just plays about 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. My driver is less then 6mo old. I have downloaded VLC and it works fine. I downloaded Divix and it works fine. Windows Media Player and XBMC will not play the files.

beat me to itSmile...audio is probably on wrong settings

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-05-26, 08:10)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 08:08)Martijn Wrote:

And Volia! It works again. Smile I swear before I get done with this my brain is going to explode.
(2013-05-26, 08:24)DFergATL Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 08:10)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 08:08)Martijn Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

And Volia! It works again. Smile I swear before I get done with this my brain is going to explode.

Tell yourself, you will have learned alot Wink

And watch Saitoh183's avatar image a few hundred times...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-26, 08:57)nickr Wrote: And watch Saitoh183's avatar image a few hundred times...

Big Grin

In my experience the only way to break XBMC after you've configured everything is to update it. Unless you changed your audio settings recentlt I don't see how your videos suddenly would fail to play.

You can also go ahead an uninstall any codec packs that you may have downloaded since XBMC (and VLC for that matter) won't use them anyway.
24 hours and no problems Smile I have added a few more video addons, Youtube, Reviesion 3, TWIT.
(2013-05-27, 16:52)DFergATL Wrote: 24 hours and no problems Smile I have added a few more video addons, Youtube, Reviesion 3, TWIT.

good sign Smile

48 hours and all is well. Adding XBMC Backup into the mix.
Hey, I can't find a tutorial in English at the moment. But I will try to write the basics down.

First: I recommend to only add full albums to xbmc. Delete everything that is not a full album or compilation.

Second: Folder Structure:
MUSIC
Artistname
Albumname 1
Albumname 2
CD1
CD2
where cd1 and cd2 is only used when there are multiple cd's in that Album.

Third: Proper tagging. I highly recommend to use "Musicbrainz Picard" to tag your MP3's. http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
you need to dig a bit into it, but when you realise how it is done, it's perfect.

Forth: Download the "Universal Artist" and "Universal Album" Scraper, select them in the settings, add your Music folder as a source. If you tagged everything in Picard with the right album release, everything in xbmc should work "out of the box".

Ok, that now is optional for later: dont't know if your skin supports all the extra fanart and cdart pictures (highly recommend to use aeon nox) but if so, download the cdart manager addon and let it do his magic. It will download much artwork for every artist etc to be displayed in your skin.

Only adding albums, the propper file structure and the tagging with picard is the key to a superb database!
(2013-05-29, 10:05)Simon6785 Wrote: Hey, I can't find a tutorial in English at the moment. But I will try to write the basics down.

First: I recommend to only add full albums to xbmc. Delete everything that is not a full album or compilation.

Second: Folder Structure:
MUSIC
Artistname
Albumname 1
Albumname 2
CD1
CD2
where cd1 and cd2 is only used when there are multiple cd's in that Album.

Third: Proper tagging. I highly recommend to use "Musicbrainz Picard" to tag your MP3's. http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
you need to dig a bit into it, but when you realise how it is done, it's perfect.

Forth: Download the "Universal Artist" and "Universal Album" Scraper, select them in the settings, add your Music folder as a source. If you tagged everything in Picard with the right album release, everything in xbmc should work "out of the box".

Ok, that now is optional for later: dont't know if your skin supports all the extra fanart and cdart pictures (highly recommend to use aeon nox) but if so, download the cdart manager addon and let it do his magic. It will download much artwork for every artist etc to be displayed in your skin.

Only adding albums, the propper file structure and the tagging with picard is the key to a superb database!

I also had a lot of hassle with setting up music; but I sorted it by taking time with tagging the files. I used MP3Tag and had no hassles with it, everything came in virtually straight away. I'll try Musicbrainz Picard as I've not come across it.. is it a easier experience? The only artisits that didn't come in were ones that had no entry's in the AudioDB web site. so I just dug around and added them in. But from the above part albums and singles all work in the above structure!

Moral of my tale; setting up everything first was the key. As has been mentioned previously, be community minded and we all benefit. But it did take time to set up the files properly and do it one stage at a time. be happy it's all working as you want it to before you movie on to the next. Ultimate result is that for me everything works well and this great communtiy helps when I do have a problem (as you'll have seen).

Stick with it, even the wife has conceded that this is a great piece of software that easy to use and the discs are no safe from the younglings trashing them (the main reason whey I went down this route..).
Please stick with XBMC...
This is really one of the first times I have seen this on any forums, the OP, is so frustrated, and yet the community just reassures him and guides him through the process!, This is really what makes XBMC, and the XBMC community stand out from the rest.

I have no addition to thread when it comes to tips about the software, because I think everything has been covered, I do however want to add something here. XBMC, has it problems, and sometimes it can be frustrating, but for me, and I think alot of other users, having to battle a bit to get something done is actually fun, I love getting an idea for my HTPC, and spend 20hours+ to get it right, and yes occasionally, i mess it up, lose watched statuses, and have to start a fresh, but that's what makes XBMC the best media player in the world, the fact, that you can actually go and tinker, and mess things up, if it was not for all those advanced settings, and addons and scripts, that can break the system, we might as well all be using windows media player and selecting files from good ol' explorer.

And I do get that you are frustrated, but i honestly hope, that you come back to this thread, because seemingly XBMC have been running smoothly now for you for +-4days, and thank the guys in this thread for the help and suppport, because at some stages, the sarcasm, oozed from your posts, and they still kept cool, calm and collected and pulled you through
Thurday and ALL IS WELL IN XBMC LAND!!

I couldn't be happier. I still think that the music scraping is not as good as it was, but I am happy with what it has done for me at this point. Everything is installed and working and has been stable for the last few days.

A HUGE, MASSIVE, BIG THANKS to EVERYONE!!

David Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can't deal with this software3