I can't deal with this software
(2013-12-01, 12:18)negge Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 04:46)DFergATL Wrote: Recently the CBS news app has stopped working

Not XBMC's fault.

(2013-12-01, 04:46)DFergATL Wrote: no Netflix

Not XBMC's fault.

(2013-12-01, 04:46)DFergATL Wrote: no Amazon.

Not XBMC's fault.

(2013-12-01, 04:46)DFergATL Wrote: I accidentally hit a key on my remote and changed the OSD for music and have spent 3 days trying to change it back, with no luck.

So basically your most recent frustration boils down to this? Since "the OSD for music" doesn't tell us anything it's hard to tell what exactly you did, but it sounds like you changed the media view mode to something else. Not exactly an obscure feature and if you have been using XBMC for this long without knowing how to change it, you should probably give up.

Yea XBMC isnt for everyone.
XBMC is like driving, dont do whine while doing XBMC. Pun intended.
So he doesn't know how to use the software? That's how it appears to be me. I used WMC -> MB -> MP -> XBMC. I'll admit that it took a few weeks for me to get used to the vast array of options XBMC offers - but that's about it. It's a familiar interface now and very intuitive. My 67/70 year old parents can operate XBMC and even my 97 year old grandmother can use it. Having said that I have locked it down for them as I don't want to drive/fly hundreds/thousands of miles just to fix it.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2013-12-01, 19:32)Piers Wrote: So he doesn't know how to use the software? That's how it appears to be me. I used WMC -> MB -> MP -> XBMC. I'll admit that it took a few weeks for me to get used to the vast array of options XBMC offers - but that's about it. It's a familiar interface now and very intuitive. My 67/70 year old parents can operate XBMC and even my 97 year old grandmother can use it. Having said that I have locked it down for them as I don't want to drive/fly hundreds/thousands of miles just to fix it.

It's the same with all remote controlled devices - after a while you use it with muscle memory, you don't actually think about what exactly it is you're doing.
Even so, the Wiki and these forums are here for one purpose - to provide support for people who need it. When I started with XBMC I would've been lost without this forum... I think my first question was 'How do I add files to the video library?' or something along those lines.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can't deal with this software3