ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting.
Hi, I just installed XBMC for Windows 7 and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. After installing XBMC and tried to run it, it gives this message: "ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting." Can someone help me please? Thank you!
Sounds like you don't have a good enough video card, or the wrong driver for it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have the same errors as others. After hours of searching and experimenting, I found the solution.

I have a Dell Inspiron mini 10 netbook running window 7 with Intel Poulsbo graphics chip, which is pretty useless piece of hardward otherwise. Nevertheless I found it to be a good use for xbmc.

In my case, the reason upon starting xbmc and crashed with "error Unable to create GUI", is because my DirectX feature (directDraw, Direct3D) acceleration not enabled. To check that, run "dxdiag.exe" on your window OS and under the Window tab, it should list the DirectX features.

To enable DirectX Acceleration feature, I download Intel Graphic Media Accelerator driver. After downloading, simply run the "Setup.exe" and it will take care the rest.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=18470

After that my xbmc no longer plagued by the "Unable to create GUI. Exiting" error. Good luck to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting.0