Video Playlist Thumbnails
I created a dozen or so video playlists (Christmas movies, Bugs and Daffy Cartoons, Pixar Flicks, etc...) using a combination of xsp Smart Playlists and good ole fashioned M3Us. I followed the wiki articles on creating the right ratio thumbnail images (182x256), naming them the same as the playlist, changing the extension to .TBN and placing them in the same folder. I've also tried JPG extensions.

Trouble is, they don't appear. What prompted this was that M3U files show up as that generic music playlist icon and I wanted it to just use a folder icon, but when I discovered I could create custom thumbs, I went about grabbing and cropping images. Despite having refreshed the library and rebooted XBMC, the thumbnails haven't changed.

One thing to note that may or may not be important is that the media files, including the playlists, exist on a shared drive so that two installations can share everything. As I said though, I placed those thumbnail images in the same directory as the playlists (which are being read just fine). I searched around the forums and found inconsistent info. Some say this function has been removed, some say it should work.

Ultimately I may forego the custom images anyway because it makes my Yatse app ugly, showing all those jpg/tbn files in the playlist chooser, but I want to know my options.
Did you manage to figure this out?, I have it working for my music playlists but dont seem to want to work with movies
I wish I could say that I have, but I gave up on it. Sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playlist Thumbnails0