Cannot change XBMC Icon
Hi everyone..!

I have an Apple TV 2, running tethered-jailbreaked iOS 5.2.1 on it. I installed XBMC 12.2 via command line (not via "NitoTV" or "aTV flash"). Everything runs fine, the icon appears on the main screen and I should be happy..! ;-)) After that, I installed "NitoTV" and "aTV flash" on my Apple TV. Finally I wanted to change the XBMC icon to suit to the rest of the icons. Somewhere on the web I found a quite nice one, downloaded it and put on my Apple TV...but the icon won't change. I restarted Lowtide each time of course.

Here is what I tried:
- Replaced "AppIcon.png" in folder "/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance"
- Replaced "TopRowIcon.png" in folder "/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance"
- Replaced "com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc@720p.png" in folder "/private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app"

The size of my logo should be correct: 187x108 pixel, color is RGB, saved as PNG.

Even when I rename all 3 files, the original XBMC icon is displayed correctly on the main screen.

Another strange thing I noticed: When I try to open "com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc@720p.png" in Photoshop CS6, it gives me a "rendering error" (it's hard to translate german errors). Is this PNG somehow protected..?

Any ideas what goes wrong here..?

Thanks in advance,
John
Just found the solution:

When you look into the folder "/User/Library/caches/Appletv/mainmenu/", you will find another "com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc@720p.png". When you delete this file and restart Lowtite, the XBMC icon is just a black/grey square. I copied my own icon there and renamed it to "com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc@720p.png"...et voilà, after restarting Lowtide, the new icon appeared..! ;-))

The funny thing about this is, that when you google "/User/Library/caches/Appletv/mainmenu/", you get exactly 2 hits, both from a german forum, boerse.bz...not mainly an Apple TV or XMBC forum..!

Maybe this helps somebody in future...

Greetz,
John
Thanks for sharing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot change XBMC Icon0