• 57(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
Yes it is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1696187
| myHTPC |
(2014-08-14, 13:37)fritsch Wrote: Please provide at least a Debug Log

Debug log attached, audio failed on first play

Code:
10:39:45 T:139985763550976   ERROR: ActiveAE::UnconfigureSink - failed to unconfigure

xbmc debug log

I'm a little lost as to how i managed to break it by just updating the libva libraries and intel va drivers
You are not running the version of this thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-16, 07:04)fritsch Wrote: You are not running the version of this thread.

No, last time i ran the modified version, all the remotes broke, something was messed up in the key mappings so i reverted to stable.

Due to the vendor for my DVB card releasing a new source bundle on the 7/8/2014 with support for the new kernels i was able to install kernel 3.16 as you suggested and it appears to have fixed the issue. however it broke the wifi module (which i don't use) I was trying my best to avoid running a bleeding edge kernel to avoid this.

Bug #1251037
This thread is for vaapi and deinterlacing not a general support thread.i find it quit funny that you use mainline for live tv which does not have any deinterlacing with vaapi.

Open your own thread and upgrade to 13.2 beta before it has a threading fix. Also disable refreshrate switching which is buggy as hell with sdl mainline nightmare.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-16, 08:09)fritsch Wrote: This thread is for vaapi and deinterlacing not a general support thread.i find it quit funny that you use mainline for live tv which does not have any deinterlacing with vaapi.

Open your own thread and upgrade to 13.2 beta before it has a threading fix. Also disable refreshrate switching which is buggy as hell with sdl mainline nightmare.

I know, its a pain and i would dearly like to run this build. the remotes was a deal breaker for me i ll put up with the lack of de interlacing till it gets fixed.

when i installed it last week, tested and when to livetv and all the remote mappings were missing.
You can wait until Helix is out and see your remote broken again. With regard on remotes this build is not different to mainline master. As an alternative you can try this build or a nightly and contribute to get this fixed. Just complaining won't change anything.
(2014-08-16, 14:22)FernetMenta Wrote: With regard on remotes this build is not different to mainline master.

Sorry if i came across as complaining, that was the intention, unfortunately i don't have the log for why the remote worked in the menu's but not in live tv (or i think it was just "TV" now). I am using ir-keytable to convert codes to key presses.

I'll post a log soon to assist in tracking it down.

Made a donation as penance, supporting something can be a thankless job at time. keep up the good work, without your input we wouldn't see light at the end of the tunnel for Haswell deinterlacing...
Good news:
VAAPI VPP madi/maci works with recent changes of libva-intel-driver (not commited yet)
(2014-08-19, 19:14)FernetMenta Wrote: Good news:
VAAPI VPP madi/maci works with recent changes of libva-intel-driver (not commited yet)

needed intel driver: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/ubuntu/vaapi
thanks to fritsch for putting that together

needed Xbmc changes will come with the next fernetmenta-master package, after he commits the fixes
Never sleeping wsnipex has provided new vaapi-intel-driver packages. Those new drivers will together with the upcoming new xbmc packages support MADI / MACI on HSW and MADI on IVB/SNB.

The xbmc ppa should be ready by tomorrow. The driver you can install right now.

My Testings on my available hardware here:

HSW Systems: Celeron 1820T, Core i5 4200U
IVB Systems: Baytrail J1800i, core i5 3750K

HSW Systems: Awesome. MADI / MACI looks really good. The Burosch sample all look really fine.
IVB Systems: Normal Live TV works quite well. Even MADI on the Baytrail if you don't open the codec screen. But it seems that the shaders that IVB is using to do deinterlacing are of lower quality. You can see that especially when watching the Burosch Samples.

Now - happy testing.

For those needing the source:
libva-driver-intel: https://github.com/fritsch/libva-intel-driver/tree/ppa
xbmc: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/master
Big Thanks to all you improving this Software!!!

The DI Quality on IVB is similar to the actual Yadif with lower CPU Use?
Are you planning to create a OpenElec Test Build?
| myHTPC |
Quote:The DI Quality on IVB is similar to the actual Yadif with lower CPU Use?
Best is: Test yourself with real world content.
Quote:Are you planning to create a OpenElec Test Build?

OpenELEC is based on FernetMenta's work since more than 3 years. So that code will come to OE very fast.

Edit: It looks like that: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79765 for Burosch
Fantastic news. Can't wait to try the new VAAPI de-interlacing on a 2955U.
All packages are now in the mentioned ppas from above.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416