• 63(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
according to the log it even tried to deinterlace 50p
23:39:12 T:140052482348800 DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 10000.00, frameduration: 10000.000000

that's why I need to know the settings. please don't change anything as long we have not found the cause. don't try to do too many things at once. the settings may not make much sense but regardless the settings it must not crash.
Are there any OpenElec builds available with the testing MC code?
No, currently not. Oe is fully concentrating on 4.2 release which is Gotham based. I am in holidays and also cannot build currently. Ping sraue on OpenELEC channel.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I could give a try, Matt could use it for a custom test build in the chromebox installer.

Found instructions here for compiling OE and have some infos on custom branch : http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...rom_source
Could I *easily* integrate the driver ?
Ask sraue. We are working together on that topic. Tell him: latest fernet code of today + fritsch's intel driver.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok i'll stalk him on irc, thanks.

Do you have any opinion on enabling "post-processing" in the video menu ? Noticed a big cpu hit when enabled, but not sure It actually improved the picture.
That kind of postprocessing is not done with vpp, e.g. not in vaapi. So additional cycles are needed to get that surfaces back to change brightness, contrast ... wasted cycles in my eyes.

Vpp could do additional things: IMG enhancement, HQ scaling, different other filters. Those dont fit nicely in xbmc arch, though.
(2014-09-08, 13:37)fritsch Wrote: Vpp could do additional things: IMG enhancement, HQ scaling, different other filters. Those dont fit nicely in xbmc arch, though.
And often, in my experience, a lot of the VPP (sharpness, noise reduction etc.) often just kils picture quality (same as on modern HDTVs. First thing I do when I setup a new TV is switch almost every processing feature off, and then slowly turn them back on to see if they make the picture better or worse. You don't see any of these options on broadcast control room monitors...)
Yeah. Doing the same :-)
Hi guys,

Sorry, only checking back now. I have been running the system most of the day and it is stable again. The ONLY change I applied was switching to 720p resolution like fritsch recommended last night. Anyways, here my former settings and hope this will still be helpful for you:
Settings -> Video -> Playback:
* Adj. display refresh rate to match video: off (had MASSIVE sync issues video to audio before. Could also not be overcome with the recommended advancedsettings.xml)
* Syn playback to display: off
Settings -> Video -> Accel.:
Just like recommended here (post #1) with
* Use VC-1 VAAPI: off
* Prefer VAAPI render method: on
Settings -> System -> Video Output:
* Monitor: Default (as fritsch noted I have an old HD-ready monitor that is giving me LOADS of trouble these days!)
* Resolution (then): 1920x1080p (my monitor ran on 1080i). One comment here: I tried the 720p mode earlier. I'm not 100% sure now but for one reason or another I was not able to use it on OE/Gotham. I believe it had to do with overscanning in Live-TV vs. rest-of-XBMC. It just did not work. With your test environment now it works flawlessly as far as I could test!)
* Refresh rate 25
If there is anything else of relevance, please just let me know...

Best,

M4tt0
Oh, one thing to add: In order to produce the crash I had to switch channels in Live-TV rapidly, e.g. zapping through 10-20 channels in a row and then back the other way again. This is how we encountered the crash the first time. But once this happened, the system crashed more frequently. And, prior to the crashes (and the apt-get upgrade) the system appeared(!) stable despite these settings. I'm a bit careful here as I have not tested the system for long. My total experience is 3 days now!

Cheers,

M4tt0
Thanks M4tt0

Here are my first feedbacks on the chromebox HP with this build : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1790417
M4tto - if you are running at 1280x720 can you also run at 50p refresh rate? Running 720/25p (i.e. 1280x720 at 25p) as your video output is probably not a good thing to be doing.
I'm at 50hz@1080p and have the sync to display at start/stop.
No refresh rate change when I watch TV, If i set the monitor to 60hz I get the black screen for the refresh rate switch.

Note sure about those settings, seem to work well and follow recommandations
1080@50 are best for live tv.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416