• 10(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
And to add: No Gotham OpenELEC image currently has the deinterlacing patches. Only way to get them: build btbn github repo from source.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks fritsch. So that means XBMC running on stock 13.10 kernel won't work as well without the above bering manually built?
You won't have _any_ deinterlacing ... that is what this thread is all about.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Lol got it. Stupid question Smile
Any chance of a version for 13.10 comming soon? Trying to find a good working version for my Intel HD4000 system.
I won't update this anymore, so no saucy version.
And it will not be included into master ? I read the PR and I'm a bit worried and confused.
Intel driver part is not ready yet.

See the comment by btbn. He considers it to be not included. We will wait until intel rules out their issues and then try it again.
how is this software detection of the 'type of interlacing' in the the source material, I dont have Live tv set up with my xbmc setup.... but for ripped content, there is no automatic software detection (that's 100%) of the type of content, & thus picking the wrong types of deinterlace methods for best output quality.
As far as i know still, the only way of knowing 'exactly' the type of source you have is to anylise it manually.
does this stuff in this thread improve on the actual detection of the source type?

cheers.
no.
Warning: xbmc 12.3 is released and apt-get may install it on top of the version you already have from the ppa:wsnipex/vaapi repo.
and now?
Just a friendly warning for those using this version and not willing to upgrade by accident, use something like sudo 'apt-mark hold xbmc xbmc-bin ...' to ignore 12.3 and future updates.
Yes. I would suggest you upgrade all to: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master

which is gotham with a new method for intel deinterlacing. Check Video -> Playback.

VPP has fooled us now since a long time and is barely usable especially on haswell. Therefore we chose the wooden hammer. With this version you can use the yadif deinterlacer for awesome quality.

Edit: Don't forget your backup.
And with the next OE Nightly's it will be included there also?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416