Linux - vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.75 Average
M4tt0 Offline
Just following your instructions, with sudo adduser xbmc. I remember some dialogue (asking for phone numbers, etc). I left everything empty, except password and description I think. It also exists in /etc/passwd:
xbmc:x:1001:1001:xbmc,,,:/home/xbmc:/bin/bash
I'm sure I selected everyone in x11-common. Just did it again. Crosschecking /etc/X11/Xwrapper.conf: It contains allowed_users=anybody as well.
Just did another reboot to be sure, but no change. Still just getting the shell login.
Confused
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-XBMC Developer
No idea. By any Chance encrypted home? That won't work.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
Settings missing? Read the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
No help without a proper Debug Log
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 22:51 by fritsch.)
find quote
M4tt0 Offline
No encrypted home either. *Aaaaaaargh*
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-XBMC Developer
Change env user from xbmc to walter in the xbmc.conf last try. If that does not help: OpenELEC for you.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
Settings missing? Read the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
find quote
M4tt0 Offline
My unix times might have passed about 15 years ago, but I do not want to be sent back to pre-school yet.. Big Grin

I'm not sure what it was but changed two things:
(1) I again(!) revisited all scripts letter by letter and found that in the .pkla script I missed an extra ".".
(2) Looking at the xbmc.conf script in nano again I noticed that the file was in DOS format (before I copied from Firefox in my Win 8.1 system and then right-clicked the text into the putty session. I guess that was not ideal). Anyways, I deleted xbmc.conf and created it again with nano, adding all the text manually.

Here we go. UP AND RUNNING!!!

Good night and again, sincere THANKS for your support and your patience!

M4tt0
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-XBMC Developer
Nice.yeah it most likely added a ^R vor something at the End. Please also revisit limits.conf besides that habe fun.

find quote
stingray454 Offline
the kodi nightly on the download page, its alpha4, but latest compile (1/9 -14) from your repo is alpha3, does these two have mysql incompabilitys in database?

trying to setup a windows xbmc on a laptop but i want it to share watched episodes, but the windows one just dont want to use mysql db backend..

i probably should try to use the xbmc on the dl page for linux and just install alpha4 on both, but that one doesnt got support for vaapi hw, or does it? deinterlace isn't that important if i can get mysql part working..

thanks in advance..

edit: scrap this one.. got blind after reading same text over and over again.. was a typo in advancedsettings.xml..
(This post was last modified: Today 10:07 by stingray454.)
find quote