• 73(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
which ubuntu version did you use, and did you add the ppa?
I installed the server iso from here
After the server.iso was installed I started with step 0 without adding any ppa before step 0...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
well, thats most probably utopic based.
lsb_release -a

if its utopic, you must use the team xbmc nightly ppa, as there isn't an utopic version in my fernetmenta-master ppa yet.
okay, thank you... ich will change to trusty 14.04.
sorry I didn`t see that...
@sveni_lee: This is now the fourth time within that thread that you are doing a guided new installation. Is there any reason to do so without doing backups first?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yes, somtime there is a reason.
I only have one system with Linux and this is my main HTPC which is the one we use for LiveTV.
From time to time I Play/try something. So I installes fluxbox because I installed Dolphin-Emu... When the instalation failed because of
missing dependencies, Itry to get it work by installing something what is recomended in othes forums...
So since 2 weeks I have problem by wakeup from S4. So the VDR didn't start correctly and also after a reboot it didn't start... I always have to
shutdown and start again... then the first time it start into a bluescreen but I can reach the HTPC via SSH. And after a "sudo reboot" it works again...
I think most of the problems depens on installing wrong things...
I decide to by a second SSD so that I have one working system and one system to play....
Thats why I start sometimes from scretch... Sorry
Fritsch / Fermenta,

I ve tested an OE snapshot of the 19th. The VAAPI hw de-interlace works perfect. But it is only selectable on H264 channels, in my setup
that would be DVB-S2 channels being HD channels. All other channels I use, SD satellite and DVB-T channels use MPEG2 video.
Why is there no hw de-interlacing possible on MPEG2 video?

Thanks so far for your great work!
It does not matter. It should be selectable for all the contents. Make sure VAAPI is not disable for mpeg-2 in the expert settings.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Recently got a bay trail board, and though it's destined to be a server I couldn't resist a bit of testing.

Current LFS/BLFS.

Kernel 3.17
Git mesa
ppa14 intel driver (apart from top 2 commits)
FernetMenta´s saveme

But unfortunately I can't build a 911 xf86-video-intel against my xorg.

Seems stable enough, but using madi will either work or be deinterlacing with the wrong field order. Pausing/unpausing can flip working/jittering.

Is this the expected outcome of having a ddx (913) that is too new?

I do have vsync in the sense that there is no tearing (desktop is non compositing - fluxbox)
No idea. My Baytrail J1800 is working fine with mesa 10.3.1 and intel 910.

The other issues you mentioned are wide known. The driver is broken and MADI does not work correctly.

The build problems are more likely a distribution problem as when following this mentioned howto: Nothing has to be build from source.
Kodi time is near. I updated the howto on the first page to reflect the kodi changes.

Edit: I kept the xbmc username, so nothing needs to be changed here. Users already running xbmc get their stuff copied. I also kept the /etc/init/xbmc.conf - just make sure you change the /usr/bin/xbmc to /usr/bin/kodi
For all upgraders

sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin

followed by:

sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin

should make the kodi transition.

Don't forget to edit /etc/init/xbmc.conf to reflect the xbmc -> kodi change
is it possible xbmc -> kodi transition broke xbmc-pvr-tvheadend in some way ? i cant find it anywhere to re-enable it

Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
yes, thats possible. I didn't have time to fix packaging for pvr addons.

Workaround:
1. uninstall all pvr addons
2. make 2 symlinks:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi /usr/lib/xbmc
sudo ln -s /usr/share/kodi /usr/share/xbmc
3. reinstall pvr addons
I've ons questions.
I've two problems with wakeup from S4:

1.) xbmc start before Networkcard is ready so I get probkems with the libraries on my MySQL server. The xbmc.log told my "unable to open database..."

2.) The VDR can't "find" my DD CineS2 tuner card, So it didn't start. Is it possible to "re-initialize"

I know it's not HowTo relatet but maybe the is something I can change in the startup script...
1) There have to be an Option in the Settings - wait for network, maybe that helps?!
| myHTPC |
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416