Linux - vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.75 Average
wsnipex Offline
Team-Kodi Member
which ubuntu version did you use, and did you add the ppa?
find quote
sveni_lee Online
Fan
I installed the server iso from here
After the server.iso was installed I started with step 0 without adding any ppa before step 0...

Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
find quote
wsnipex Offline
Team-Kodi Member
well, thats most probably utopic based.
lsb_release -a

if its utopic, you must use the team xbmc nightly ppa, as there isn't an utopic version in my fernetmenta-master ppa yet.
find quote
sveni_lee Online
Fan
okay, thank you... ich will change to trusty 14.04.
sorry I didn`t see that...

find quote
fritsch Online
Team-XBMC Developer
@sveni_lee: This is now the fourth time within that thread that you are doing a guided new installation. Is there any reason to do so without doing backups first?

"Your most vocal users are not reflective of your userbase" J.M.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
No help without a proper Debug Log
find quote
sveni_lee Online
Fan
yes, somtime there is a reason.
I only have one system with Linux and this is my main HTPC which is the one we use for LiveTV.
From time to time I Play/try something. So I installes fluxbox because I installed Dolphin-Emu... When the instalation failed because of
missing dependencies, Itry to get it work by installing something what is recomended in othes forums...
So since 2 weeks I have problem by wakeup from S4. So the VDR didn't start correctly and also after a reboot it didn't start... I always have to
shutdown and start again... then the first time it start into a bluescreen but I can reach the HTPC via SSH. And after a "sudo reboot" it works again...
I think most of the problems depens on installing wrong things...
I decide to by a second SSD so that I have one working system and one system to play....
Thats why I start sometimes from scretch... Sorry

find quote
menno Offline
Fritsch / Fermenta,

I ve tested an OE snapshot of the 19th. The VAAPI hw de-interlace works perfect. But it is only selectable on H264 channels, in my setup
that would be DVB-S2 channels being HD channels. All other channels I use, SD satellite and DVB-T channels use MPEG2 video.
Why is there no hw de-interlacing possible on MPEG2 video?

Thanks so far for your great work!
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-XBMC Developer
It does not matter. It should be selectable for all the contents. Make sure VAAPI is not disable for mpeg-2 in the expert settings.

"Your most vocal users are not reflective of your userbase" J.M.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
No help without a proper Debug Log
find quote