XBMC Frodo; average cpu% is erratic
Hi everyone,
I am watching Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on XBMC Frodo. My specs are as follows:
A6-5400K
8gb ddr3 ram
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition

When I press "o" on the keyboard during playback I am seeing "w( fps:23.95 CPU 2 core(s) average: __%)
The average % on the CPU is around 25% but it jumps all over the place. Sometimes it will be 42 other times it will jump as high as 70 and then it can drop back down to 9. Every second seems to be different, and diversely so because its rather jumpy. I don't have anything extensive going on in the background, just uTorrent. It's a brand new htpc build, perhaps the CPU needs to be seated again?

Thanks
Check out your task manager, at any given point you've probably got 30+ programs running in the background, then there's CPU usage when you need to pull in blocks, the codecs etc.... glad you noticed quite the show eh? Pretty normal.
Mine jumps as well, but not quite so high. Do you have a dedicated GPU? Do you have your video->playback->render settings set to DXVA?

When I don't use DXVA, the CPU load during playback is around 20-40%. With DXVA on, however, it rarely exceeds 10%. This is on an Intel Core i3 with an Nvidia GT425M, and hyperthreading turned off in bios. Win7 64-bit with 4GB RAM. It's a dedicated XBMC machine.

HTH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo; average cpu% is erratic0