Themes - extend functionality
bp, you curently have that working or your simply displaying a machup? rather than have it "specific" for the buttons have a small section in system for home config where you can name the buttons there and display/not display them.
i currently have it all working with a little patch from a friend to cvs. i will be making it slightly prettier soon. those are all real world shots no photoshop all functions work as they should and are instant eg click on weather off its gone off the home......and the little sun fades out in settings to show its not on front. yes i may do that but ill probably tidy that up on let side and put in a few commonly changed things like skin theme. ip and smb ip and change pass so the common changed stuff is availble first level, then other stuff is second level the design of button layout is still work in progress the display at botton graphically i like and want to keep it Smile the features work fine as well

fyi, it just wound up in cvs...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
cool as i here jmarshal is adding slide in effects....ill hack that in to in next few days tidy it up.

question now is release a 150meg skin Smile as a patch to pm3 or just my own hacked up pm3 skin ninja. it has a tonnes of gui options to change skin look........i mean if i added anymore it would take forever to scroll around the list of cutomisble backgrounds.
give us a full rundown on how the cvs update works?

looks like something that many of us may want to impliment into our own custom pm3 skins.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
it's cool... its skinner definable booleans so you can enable and disable effects within the skin.

however, it doesnt meet what you were looking for afini. this means modifiying the pm3 skin files. you are looking for user supplied skin xml files which will override the default ones, leaving the default ones virgin.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(kraqh3d @ dec. 11 2005,16:12 Wrote:it's cool... its skinner definable booleans so you can enable and disable effects within the skin.

however, it doesnt meet what you were looking for afini.  this means modifiying the pm3 skin files.  you are looking for user supplied skin xml files which will override the default ones, leaving the default ones virgin.
yes,
i'm still hoping that we will get my suggestion as an addition.

bp,
if you can convince your "friend" to add my suggestion it will actually make what you are doing easier by not requiring you to hack the original skin and just "add" your new xmls and images in a separate folder for your mods.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
yeah, good work by geminiserver to add this in Smile

note that there will be some slight changes being made in order to be more flexible.

it's currently fixed across all skins, and not particularly friendly to work with. the planned changes on this front are:

1. the commands will change names:
skin.hasoption(optionname) will be the vis condition, and
skin.toggleoption(optionname) will be the execute variable.

using a togglebutton with <usealttexture>skin.hasoption(name)</usealttexture> and <execute>skin.toggleoption(name)</execute> will work nicely for skin settings screens then.

2. the options will be referenced using strings instead of single letters, and there'll be a limit of (say) around 100 or so instead of 5.

3. they'll be saved unique for each skin to stop clashing (and possibly unique for each subskin, or theme).

more information will be available when it's done.

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Themes - extend functionality0