increase slideshow staytime????
hi i'm using pi model b with openelec installed.
i want to increase the slideshow staytime. inside settings its only 100seconds maximum for slideshow staytime.
i want to make it 10 minutes. help me out
you didn't say the magic word...
please thank you
Disclaimer: I'm at work at the moment so I cannot test this, but I think that the following should work.

Since you're posting in the developer forum I'm assuming that you run a recent nightly build of XBMC. The recent nightly builds include the new settings system which I base my answer on. I also assume that you are able compile OpenELEC by yourself because the file you need to create (in case it does not exist) is most likely part of the read-only file system of OpenELEC.

I'm not familiar with the OpenELEC build process, but the idea is that you (if it does not exist) create the appliance.xml file. This should go into the same directory as where you find for example the settings.xml file (in the xbmc source tree in xbmc/system/settings/.

If the file does not exist yet, then create it and put in the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<settings>
  <section id="pictures" label="1" help="">
    <category id="slideshow" label="108" help="">
      <group id="1">
        <setting id="slideshow.staytime" type="integer" label="12378" help="">
          <level>0</level>
          <default>5</default>
          <constraints>
            <minimum>1</minimum>
            <step>1</step>
            <maximum>600</maximum>
            <formatlabel>14045</formatlabel>
          </constraints>
          <control type="spinner" format="string" />
        </setting>
        <setting id="slideshow.displayeffects" type="boolean" label="12379" help="">
          <level>0</level>
          <default>true</default>
        </setting>
        <setting id="slideshow.shuffle" type="boolean" label="13319" help="">
          <level>2</level>
          <default>false</default>
        </setting>
      </group>
    </category>
  </section>
</settings>

The important part is <maximum>600</maximum>, in settings.xml this is set to 100. By using the appliance.xml this should override what is in settings.xml.

The big question is of course whether or not the OpenELEC build system also stores the appliance.xml file in the read-only filesystem, or if it simply ignores the file.

Alternatively, you may be able to just edit the guisettings.xml file in your userdata directory and set the staytime to 600. However, I'm not sure if XBMC verifies the value when reading this file and if XBMC writes this file on exit and possibly resets it back to 100.
The appliance.xml trick seems to work. You will have to play a bit with the number of seconds. I currently have it set to 300 and that seems to take 12 minutes and 12 seconds. At 600 it took more than 20 minutes. Also, I would switch the 'Use pan and zoom effects' off. When I left it on it would take a really long time before the next picture showed up and during that time the screen was black.

XBMC does indeed seem to verify the configured value in guisettings.xml. After removing the appliance.xml, the value was reset to the default value of 5 seconds.
its not working dude...
i'm using pi model b and compiled my own openelec using wiki.
i kept appliance.xml file under /storage/.xbmc/userdata/
there is no file names settings.xml.
file named guisettings.xml is available under /storage/.xbmc/userdata/
If you don't have a settings.xml file, then you most likely compiled XBMC Frodo and not a May XBMC Gotham version.

rbej has built a new release for the pi yesterday. It contains XBMC Gotham from 31.05.2013, see here.

Try to install that version, then read this posting to re-mount /flash in r/w mode.

Next check the following locations: /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/settings/ and /usr/share/xbmc/system/settings/. I don't know which one is used by the build from rbej (I'm in Egypt at the moment and don't have my pi with me so I can't check). Most likely, only one of these two locations will exist.
At this location you will find the settings.xml file. Copy the appliance.xml file that you created to this directory and then reboot.
As leechguy said you're looking in the wrong directory. The settings.xml (and the optional appliance.xml) are located in the installation directory under system/settings. They are not located in the userdata directory because they are not meant to be tampered with.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks for reply guys. after checking out will update. thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
increase slideshow staytime????0