Solved - Issue scraping TV show multi episode...
Strange thing here:

Trying to scrape a TV show into my database using tvdb, but each file that has more than 1 episode in it seem to freak out XBMC (12.2 on Win7 with MySQL btw)...

Example:

Filename:
S03E01-02.Title Episode 1 (part 1 & 2).ext
(Title is the same for both episodes, splitted into part 1 and 2 as of tvdb)

--> gets scraped as (single entry):
S03E02.Title Episode 3.ext
(but IS STILL the multi-episode file containing episodes 1 + 2 of course)

so that episode 1 never shows up and the rest of the season's folder gets the wrong numbering AND the wrong titles...
Tongue
Is there a known issue with that? Tried a lot, did for the last try remove the show's folder from my share and made a db-cleanup, but still no luck: the results remain the same, so that with that special season only 14 of 22 episodes show up in the library - can see them all in file view, though.

And yes, I'm quite sure that the naming is right 'cause I already have some multi-episode files in my database.
As far as I could see on tvdb, the episodes are all there, with unique IDs.

Hints anyone?
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
This is a "DVD order" vs. "Aired order" issue. You have the scraper set to use DVD order, but have your episodes numbered to the Aired order.

Not that there is any difference in the actual order, but thetvdb will often number two-parters as (e.g.) S01E01.1 and S01E01.2 (and then episode three becomes S01E02, etc.). Because there's no actual S01E01, the one named in your file is ignored.

To fix just go to your TV source in file view, bring up the context menu, select Change content and then Settings, and de-select "Use DVD order". Refresh the shows affected.
Thank you VERY much!

Did have the exact same issue once, but didn't think of it...

+1 rep 4U Smile
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
I'm convinced the "Use DVD Order" option is broken in Frodo 12.2. Tonight i'm trying to name DVD-ripped seinfeld episodes, and it has once used the correct DVD naming conventions out of 15 attempts! (and now I can't get it to do it again).
You click "Use DVD Order", and it simply does not apply it!
Something is broken here.
I'm having a similar problem with this. Multiple episodes were working fine before and now they're not. Tried multiple naming conventions and changing from aired to DVD order and back again. Checked everything with tvdb to make sure it's all correct.

Any thoughts on what else might be going on?
This is still not working. Even in the most recent helix alpha.

Any ideas?
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Sorry, but... it DOES work (at least with Gotham, won't turn to Helix till it's beta)!

I had this problem 17 month (!) ago (see post 1 here), and the issue WAS related to the scraper's settings (DVD- vs aired-order) - so simply MY fault.

Since then I keep that in mind when adding freshly ripped DVDs (or stuff) to my library and it NEVER EVER did not work till then!
1st: check tvdb
2nd: check your content
3rd: set the scraper for this show accordingly
Bye,
Fry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
- Issue scraping TV show multi episode...0