Is there an openelec or xbmcbuntu box for $100 ?
(2013-05-28, 18:51)cwide Wrote: I'm going to back this up.

You can either spend ~$200 and get something small, silent-ish, and capable of running a bug free Openelec (celeron NUC + 2GB ram + USB drive)...

Or you can spend $100 and get an android device that may have bugs/limitations... or an old big, loud, craigslist PC (plus video card) capable of running a bug free Openelec.

I don't believe the $100 small, silent, powerful, bug free client exists yet... at least not without a jailbreak and a few months of time.

+1 for this! That's really the state of things right now.
Joel, I have the i3 version of the nuc

Silentm, I'm not optimistic that me new mx2 will be any better
Intel I3-4130 | Asus H81T/CSM | 8GB DDR3 | 120GB Crucial M4| KODI 14.1
SilverStone Milo ML06
So is there anything coming down the road that people have their eye on?
Next generation Atom with Ivy Bridge GPU.

These look interesting as well:
http://liliputing.com/2013/05/intel-quie...n2910.html
Hi All

I have been using XBMC for more than 2 years happily....

What I had was a HP ENVY15 laptop which supported 1080 p and also its HDMI output was connected to my Home Theater so I could have 5+1 channel (if my video files supported that).
I have a usb hub which 8 extra HD been connected to it and this was also connected to my laptop

I also have a PC which is old and I am using it just for DL files but it is also connected to my homw network via Ethernet and through my Router it talke to my laptop and finally I had XBMC installed on this laptop and all media files from all HD s and that PC were managed beautifully and played nicely by my laptop , oh I have 60" 8+ series Samsung plasma...

Normally I dl high quality large MKV files (10-15 GB) with hight bit rate and 5+1 (DTS) audio support

unfortunately my laptop stopped working since last week and I think it's motherboard is fired .

now I need to find a replacement to this laptop as all my Media network is not working anymore ...

I wanted to get a PC or HTPC with a good graphic cards...but cant be found below $500.00
anyone has any suggestion for what I explained above as I tested one of my friend's cheap Android TV , it was slow for playing my large HQ files and also we couldn't get 5+1 channel Audio out of it...

what I need is a system with XBMC installed and be able to play all my files from my different part of network smoothly with 5+ 1 audio , I don't need anything more than that...

any suggestion would be great

Mohsen
If you only need to playback files..(thus only to run XBMC)

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Next-Computi...eleron+nuc
+ 2gb ram + usb
if you can afford go for 4gb ram and ssd..

Install Openelec - will playback everything.. (not 3d)... 5+1 audio via HDMI..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an openelec or xbmcbuntu box for $100 ?1