Vu+Duo Enigma PVR problems
Hello,

after being a longtime lurker I finally decided to register Smile

I'm having troubles with getting my dm500hd to work with xbmc.
It's basically 2 things:

1) Half of the time selecting a channel does not open the stream, it just does nothing. I think it displays "working" for 1 sec in the lower right corner and then does nothing - this applies to all channels when the problem is there. I do not know what causes this, it seems really random. Sometimes it just works again after 3minutes (not doing anything within xbmc).

2) Selecting some channels causes XBMC to get stuck on "working...", which I can't cancel or anything. No remote buttons will work and I have to close XBMC (sometimes even this doesn't work) or shutdown my computer. This is very frustrating.

I'm running Windows 7 with XBMC 12.2 margro version. I tried 12.0, 12.1 and 13 beta. All got the same problems.

EDIT: i just realised i totally posted this in the wrong forum, please move! Big Grin
(2013-05-28, 17:56)Crypdos Wrote: Hello,

after being a longtime lurker I finally decided to register Smile

I'm having troubles with getting my dm500hd to work with xbmc.
It's basically 2 things:

1) Half of the time selecting a channel does not open the stream, it just does nothing. I think it displays "working" for 1 sec in the lower right corner and then does nothing - this applies to all channels when the problem is there. I do not know what causes this, it seems really random. Sometimes it just works again after 3minutes (not doing anything within xbmc).

2) Selecting some channels causes XBMC to get stuck on "working...", which I can't cancel or anything. No remote buttons will work and I have to close XBMC (sometimes even this doesn't work) or shutdown my computer. This is very frustrating.

I'm running Windows 7 with XBMC 12.2 margro version. I tried 12.0, 12.1 and 13 beta. All got the same problems.

EDIT: i just realised i totally posted this in the wrong forum, please move! Big Grin

I have a dm800 (clone) and the same as your 2nd problem.
It only seems to happen when zapping from SD to HD channels, and vice versa.
Oh, and never when zapping between the channels when 'minimized' when the picture is in the left corner..

I'm almost certain that this has something to do with the setting 'auto adjust display rate to match video' because with that disabled it does not happen.

EDIT: After more testing...
I was wrong about the auto adjust display rate to match video' setting.

But it never gets stuck when zapping in the 'minimized state' so that's at least a workaround.
Hey

Just came on the forum to look for others having the same problem. I have exactly the same problem and its driving the GF crazy and risking the life of the XBMC box with live TV Smile

I have tried openpli in different versions and newnigma2 and peter pan images on the dreambox to test if that makes any difference, but it do not seem like it.

Ill try the minimized state thing if I can find where that is.

Edit: Have a original dreambox 800HD and running XMBC on a Intel NUC I3
actually, now that you mention it, ive noticed strange behaviour with my "usually portable" laptop.

I usually take my laptop when im away and therefore have pvr disabled. lately while im home, ive noticed that with pvr enabled, xbmc boots starting fullscreen the same (I assume ive set this chan to be default or something).

but after approx. 10-15 seconds of streaming, the stream freezes.

as for regular chan changes, I usually only switch in pip on gui method, and for me that's rock solid

VU+ pvr addon, running win8 on triplex stb

D.
Just tested with start minimized and that solves the problem it seems.

GF is calm again and all is good Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+Duo Enigma PVR problems0