Problems with subdivx
Finally, i was able to "fix" this.

Its not a real fix since I don't know much about python and string encoding, but this is what I found out for those who are interested:

When the add-on unpacks the files it downloads, it leaves them in this dir:

\\OPENELEC\Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\

And some add-on services (at least Argenteam and Subdivx services seem to do this) always iterate through all files in this temp directory to look for the latest file, which it would be the latest downloaded subtitle.

So when the script puts there a file that causes problem, like "Importante Leer Para La Utilización De Este Archivo.txt" does, it will basically break the rest of the scripts who iterate through the temp directory.

One solution without the need to touch anything would be to delete the contents of \\OPENELEC\Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\ and avoid further use of subdivx (argenteam will then start to work).

The other solution is to modify subdivx and argenteam service.py to avoid using the accented filename. I did this by replacing

if (string.split(file,'.')[-1] in ['srt','sub','txt']):

for

if (string.split(file,'.')[-1] in ['srt','sub']):

but take notice this will prevent the service script to work with .txt subtitles (I don't think they are much used though).

Well, this is what I've done until a proper solution get pushed in the repository.

Fell free to contact me if you need any help with this, just be warned that I am far from experienced in these matters.

Cheers!
Thanks pmaximal this worked for me :-)
Subdivx seems to be working fine for me now, I didn't touch anything.
(2013-09-23, 19:55)pmaximal Wrote: Finally, i was able to "fix" this.

Its not a real fix since I don't know much about python and string encoding, but this is what I found out for those who are interested:

When the add-on unpacks the files it downloads, it leaves them in this dir:

\\OPENELEC\Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\

And some add-on services (at least Argenteam and Subdivx services seem to do this) always iterate through all files in this temp directory to look for the latest file, which it would be the latest downloaded subtitle.

So when the script puts there a file that causes problem, like "Importante Leer Para La Utilización De Este Archivo.txt" does, it will basically break the rest of the scripts who iterate through the temp directory.

One solution without the need to touch anything would be to delete the contents of \\OPENELEC\Userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\ and avoid further use of subdivx (argenteam will then start to work).

The other solution is to modify subdivx and argenteam service.py to avoid using the accented filename. I did this by replacing

if (string.split(file,'.')[-1] in ['srt','sub','txt']):

for

if (string.split(file,'.')[-1] in ['srt','sub']):

but take notice this will prevent the service script to work with .txt subtitles (I don't think they are much used though).

Well, this is what I've done until a proper solution get pushed in the repository.

Fell free to contact me if you need any help with this, just be warned that I am far from experienced in these matters.

Cheers!

Thanks.

At end Subdivx works for me.

Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with subdivx0