What u want from xbmc as a whole? My .02
we would never embrace piracy addons, or addons that contain some tracking like some other repos have done.
also we are with to few to become owners and maintain everything.
it's up to the community to maintain them, not us.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-10-02, 11:09)Martijn Wrote: we would never embrace piracy addons, or addons that contain some tracking like some other repos have done.
also we are with to few to become owners and maintain everything.
it's up to the community to maintain them, not us.

Oh i know about the piracy add ons... Thats up to the user and third party repos...and it wouldnt be hard to make a gustapo out if a few mods who would be in charge of add ons... Hell there is a way people have to go in order to even get ther add on added to the sight anyways...
j2048b, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out what your sentences are saying. Are you writing all of your posts on your phone or something?
Don't forget you run the risk of alienating the user base with the attempt to control and over-monetize XBMC.
I would much rather just see a real HTML Layout Engine like WebKit (or Blink from Google's Chromium web browser) fully integrated into XBMC's GUI engine.

Because if XBMC had an integrated HTML Layout Engine embedded in its GUI engine then such features could all be done by others as third-party addons instead of XBMC core features.

XBMC could begin to natively support old CE-HTML / XHTML and new HTML5 / XHTML5 and other web-based addons, instead of only Python script addons.

Having such a HTML Layout Engine in XBMC could support addons that require DRM, like finally having a true Netflix addon inside XBMC's GUI.

If XBMC's GUI engine fully supported HTML5 then it would also be easy to port other existing application designed for HbbTV and Web4CE to XBMC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HbbTV

HbbTV and Web4CE are the two largest open industry standard specifications for accessing web-based applications on consumer devices
(2013-10-02, 11:20)natethomas Wrote: j2048b, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out what your sentences are saying. Are you writing all of your posts on your phone or something?

Haha yup on my phone sorry! How do my sentences confuse u? Is it lack of punctuation? If so i apologize! I use tapatalk a lot as its easier than sitting at a computer

(2013-10-02, 16:51)Hedda Wrote: I would much rather just see a real HTML Layout Engine like WebKit (or Blink from Google's Chromium web browser) fully integrated into XBMC's GUI engine.

Because if XBMC had an integrated HTML Layout Engine embedded in its GUI engine then such features could all be done by others as third-party addons instead of XBMC core features.

XBMC could begin to natively support old CE-HTML / XHTML and new HTML5 / XHTML5 and other web-based addons, instead of only Python script addons.

Having such a HTML Layout Engine in XBMC could support addons that require DRM, like finally having a true Netflix addon inside XBMC's GUI.

If XBMC's GUI engine fully supported HTML5 then it would also be easy to port other existing application designed for HbbTV and Web4CE to XBMC.

HbbTV and Web4CE are the two largest open industry standard specifications for accessing web-based applications on consumer devices

See THIS is what im talking about! People throwing out ideas that in some way benefit xbmc
I want it to be accepted and absorbed by Valve. XBMC and Valve seem to have very similar principles, even if Valve is a company based on monetary gain, they are still about welcoming people into the ecosystem for free and providing the best end-user experience possible.

Heck you can even get games for free as it stands now with the trading card system. I have a friend who just leaves his games on all day, sells the cards he gets and buys games with the Steam Cash. (Though that's beside the main point, it does further my point that they are primarily focused on the user experience. )

In the end I want a version of SteamOS with a GUI that is largely built on XBMC's base code. Combining the XBMC community with the Steam Workshop = splooge on my monitor.

Oh, and 3D holograms. Because, holograms.
(2013-10-02, 17:46)j2048b Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 11:20)natethomas Wrote: j2048b, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out what your sentences are saying. Are you writing all of your posts on your phone or something?

Haha yup on my phone sorry! How do my sentences confuse u? Is it lack of punctuation? If so i apologize! I use tapatalk a lot as its easier than sitting at a computer

(2013-10-02, 16:51)Hedda Wrote: I would much rather just see a real HTML Layout Engine like WebKit (or Blink from Google's Chromium web browser) fully integrated into XBMC's GUI engine.

See THIS is what im talking about! People throwing out ideas that in some way benefit xbmc

and also totally besides the point i think you are trying to make
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What u want from xbmc as a whole? My .020