Bug in updating TV shows fanart
Ok so I have this problem.

When I start Xbmc i click on tv shows and it displays all my shows in file mode tri-panel view (how i want it). But there is no coverart, fanart etc...

Then if i go up a directory level and pull up the context menu on the directory 'tv shows' and select update library, xbmc goes through and updates all my music, movies, and tv shows. When it is complete I go back into the directory 'tv shows' and there they all are with coverart, fanart etc.

I have set xbmc to update video and music library on start-up but i t seems it only works if I actually select 'update library' myself.

How do I get so i dont have to manually select this and it does it on start-up?

Thanks
Is this just for new items, or is it losing artwork for everything each time XBMC is restarted?
Losing artwork for everything. Only for tv shows though.
My movies section is fine.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you do a scan and a log of when you start up XBMC and the artwork is gone?
Sure ok here is the log when I start xbmc and there is no artwork: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23259
And here is the log of when I manually update and the artwork appears: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23260
I really appreciate you helping me out this too Smile
This could possibly be a skin issue. I must say it seems unlikely in this particular case, because you are running the latest official version of Aeon Nox fro Frodo, but it would not hurt to check.

Does this issue also occur when you are using Confluence or another skin ?

EDIT: I also noticed OZ Weather crashes hard several times. Could you disable it while testing ?
I have never really tried any other skin other Aeon Nox. I will revert back to confluence and try it out there. Do you want me to post the same as before with the confluence skin if it still happens?
Also will I lose any of my Aeon Nox skin settings/addons etc. if i change skins? It has taken me months to get it setup how I want it.
Oz weather has now been disabled Smile
Nox settings will be saved when switching skins
Hmm ok well
On confluence it displays all the fanart when I open it up and click on tv shows from the menu.
However one thing I noticed was the target of the confluence tv shows menu option is 'Videos > Tv shows > Title'
In Aeon Nox i have linked my Tv shows menu option to a favorite 'Video > Files > Tv shows'
I prefer this link ('Video > Files > Tv shows') Because half of my shows don't show up in the other link. Or ill be missing half the the episodes or no episodes at all. With my favorited link every single file shows up.
Could this be the problem? Is there a fix for this other than changing to the 'Videos > Tv shows > Title' link?
Biggest problem here is your files aren't following correct naming conventions. This can also effect which views XBMC presents when in file view. Any real fix for this will involve correcting those file names per adding videos to the library (wiki).
Is there another way around it? I dont want to have to rename 3tb worth of media (for my existing library and anything else i add to it down the track).
On startup when xbmc auto-updates the fanart... i assume it only updates the 'Videos > Tv shows > Title'
Is there a way to edit a xml file or create a script so it updates 'Video > Files > Tv shows' on startup instead of me manually doing it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug in updating TV shows fanart0