High bit rate playback problem
First, I hope this doesn't sound too douchey, but its pretty much impossible to search this forum and get the results you are looking for. Hopefully making up for that I will say that XBMC is the greatest thing ever, even better than sliced bread, and it has changed my life!

I've recently had a few files come in that XBMC will not play back due to their high bit rate (insanely high, no need for encoding like this!), although they play fine in Pot Player. The two examples I have in front of my are 70kbps and 1475kbps (!!). Hopefully one of the regular users has bookmarked the thread that covers what can be done about this?

I'm running an i7 3.6 with a Titan GTX, so hardware is definitely not the problem (acceleration is turned on). For the moment, I can re-encode them, but it sure would be nice to understand why they are good in Pot Player but not at all playable in Frodo 12.2.

Again, XBMC is simple the most awesome thing ever.

Just to help out, here is the playing file info from Pot Player-

[Mod comment: Information deleted for breaking forums rules, please read the rules at Forum_rules (wiki) in particular 1.3.6 where it states " When posting a log or other lengthy code in the forum, please use a paste site, as described in the debug log wiki page. Do not post log snippets on the forum, if you want to point out a specific part refer to the line number."

Use either Pastebin or xbmcLogs in future]
Those are quite low bitrates, nothing special at all. What exactly is the issue and where is your debug log?
(2013-05-30, 12:04)wsnipex Wrote: Those are quite low bitrates, nothing special at all. What exactly is the issue and where is your debug log?

Log below, and I am just getting horrible playback, 4-10fps or something.

[Mod comment: Log removed for breaking forums rules]
More than likely your audio settings are incorrect.

Take a look at this thread

(Both those videos have AC-3 audio, I guess you've told XBMC your audio system supports AC-3, when it doesn't, hence the stuttering and poor playback)
+1 on the above, most likely your audio settings are incorrect.
Boom, super simple. Seems to be working fine...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High bit rate playback problem0