OS X Videos not showing up
Ok, on Mac OS X 10.8.3 on a 2009 iMac

Running Frodo 12.2 (the 32bit only flavor i think, not the x86_64 one)

anyway, ive spent all night going through my Anime Folder and renaming folders and files and using ViMediaManager and Filebot to straighten things out

Now when i add my Anime Folder to a vanilla XBMC Library i can see and watch all shows/episodes as long as i go to the "Files" section

if i go back out and select "TV Shows" all 25 of the individual shows are there, however when i click one i might only get 2 out of 24 episodes showing up, 70% ish dont show up at all, like the scanner didnt even see the files.

Now if i add my Movies Folder or My regular TV Shows folder to the library everything shows like it should.

there is something about my Anime Folder that is causing this but i cant track it down, thats why i spent all night changing folder names and episode file names following all the material i read in the Wiki.

please help!
Give a literal example of one of the file names that isn't showing up in library.
all I can do is some screenshots

in the third Shot you can see all the shows in the list ( under the main "TV Shows" section of the main menu ) but the ones that have no number of episodes next to them dont show anything when you click the name, shown in the forth shot

watch gallery

here at the bottom you cane see the path and exact folder and file name

Normally XBMC wants episode numbers to say "EP" in front of them if there is no season (absolute ordering). However, getting XBMC to work with your current naming convention shouldn't be hard.

in your userdata (wiki) folder make a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml (make sure TextEdit is using plain text and not rich text, and that it isn't adding a .txt on the end) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

If you still have issues then you might want to check out the modded AniDB.net scraper: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142835
The modded AniDB would not install from the zip, XBMC said it had an invalid structure

so i expaneded the zip and added the three folders to my adons folder linke the post said

when refreshing the tv show information i did notice a different behavior from the AniDB addon however it didnt change

also your advanced settings xml file made no change either

i have cleared the library and re added the source for each method with the exact same result as before

The Reason my File names for the episodes dont have the S01EP01 naming is because that is how ViMediaManager and FilBot changed them, there are no options to add that is there?
Odd. Try posting about this in the thread for the modded AniDB, so that scudlee can see this. He knows a lot more than I do about XBMC's scraping behavior.
Well For cripes sake

adding the "EP" fixed it

Now why did ViMediaManager not realise that

Now to try and figure out how to rename all these files other than doing it manually

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not showing up0