ATV2 XBMC Frodo running horribly
I updated to the latest frodo and even tried the nightlies...

Now when I try to browse movies, the ATV2 freezes and reboots every time

Using Confluence and an apple TV2 jailbroken with 4.3 or lower

It also is running incredibly slow
debug logs (wiki) needed...
(2012-12-21, 05:00)Ned Scott Wrote: debug logs (wiki) needed...
http://pastebin.com/yDp8LyyR It finally loaded movies but took a long time... also it is lagging like crazy
I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like it's extracting info from the files. Try going to Settings -> Videos -> Files, and deselect "generate thumbnails" and see if anything speeds up. What's odd is that if this was the issue then it should have been an issue in Eden too. Still, double check that setting just in case.
(2012-12-21, 03:43)Numus Wrote: I updated to the latest frodo and even tried the nightlies...

I'm experiencing the same problem. Getting lots of crashes while browsing the video library. The movie thumbs also take a long time to load. I've checked and I have lots of free space, have also turned off the setting recommended above. Will try to upload a debug log.
(2012-12-22, 07:28)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like it's extracting info from the files. Try going to Settings -> Videos -> Files, and deselect "generate thumbnails" and see if anything speeds up. What's odd is that if this was the issue then it should have been an issue in Eden too. Still, double check that setting just in case.

Removed that setting, but it still talks about 30 seconds to load up the movie list... Is that normal?

(2012-12-22, 09:23)Slipx Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 03:43)Numus Wrote: I updated to the latest frodo and even tried the nightlies...

I'm experiencing the same problem. Getting lots of crashes while browsing the video library. The movie thumbs also take a long time to load. I've checked and I have lots of free space, have also turned off the setting recommended above. Will try to upload a debug log.

Sounds very similar to my problem...
(2012-12-23, 02:47)Numus Wrote: Removed that setting, but it still talks about 30 seconds to load up the movie list... Is that normal?

Not if that's significantly slower than what it did for Eden. If anything, it should be faster than Eden.
I had a similar experience unfortunately I have reverted back to Eden so I won't be able to supply logs.

In case it helps I have two Apple TV 2s running 5.0.2. They are accessing a mysql database on a Synology. All my shares are NFS including one on the NAS with thumbnails. One is connected to a receiver with all of the audio options enabled, the other directly to a TV with the audio connections disabled. Both suffered from XBMC restarting browsing shares and watching videos randomly. Sometimes I'd get 5 min into a video, other times I'd get 15 min through the same video. I am not having any of these troubles with Eden.

I am having the same issues with both Apple TV 2 devices. I am running MySQL on a server, similar setup to movingdecimals. I have one share for tv shows and another for movies. I can move through the tv shows ok, but when I attempt to bring up movies ,( 1104 in the library) the system runs slow slow, that it is not usable.

On Eden, it worked flawlessly. I also had the database issue where frodo creates a new database on the SQL server. de-selecting thumbnails has not helped. Any suggestions?
man, I was so close to updating to Frodo from eden on my ATV2 4.3 os ...glad I didnt, seems to be too many issues.
Thanks
(2013-02-03, 03:18)stutch Wrote: I am having the same issues with both Apple TV 2 devices. I am running MySQL on a server, similar setup to movingdecimals. I have one share for tv shows and another for movies. I can move through the tv shows ok, but when I attempt to bring up movies ,( 1104 in the library) the system runs slow slow, that it is not usable.

On Eden, it worked flawlessly. I also had the database issue where frodo creates a new database on the SQL server. de-selecting thumbnails has not helped. Any suggestions?

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you are browsing movies? It shouldn't be running slowly like that.

As for the MySQL new database thing, that's intentional. Each version of XBMC will have its own database that isn't compatible with previous versions, so XBMC creates a new copy as to not break the original (for downgrading or if the DB update went bad, etc).
(2013-02-03, 05:19)homerjs Wrote: man, I was so close to updating to Frodo from eden on my ATV2 4.3 os ...glad I didnt, seems to be too many issues.
Thanks

There will always be issues for every system on every OS. They are most likely isolated issues.
updated to Frodo...why not, seems fine except for the small fact that all my movie poster are is gone and the season thumbs for my tv shows are gone...any ideas?
Well, crap. You should at least be able to downgrade to Eden and have all the old images work.

Try deleting the textures13.db and MyVideos75.db file in userdata (wiki)/database/

That will make XBMC run the update on the library again.

Or go back to Eden: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1321901

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 XBMC Frodo running horribly0